• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

500 - Internal server error, On File Upload

Anthony Brian Mallgren

Basic Pleskian
Has anyone experienced this, and, is there a known fix for it? Also, has it been fixed in a future version?

Screen%2BShot%2B2015-09-11%2Bat%2B3.16.53%2BPM.png

Hard to say why you're getting that error since an internal server error 500 can mean a lot of things. Tried it with my installation with no issues. Probably running Plesk Reconfigurator for checking the component and folder permissions or doing a repair plesk installation could do the trick if you have RDP access to the server.

This occurred after uploading 1.1 of 1.6 GB. Is there anyway to surface more information in regards to what the issue may be before requesting the hosting service run a reconfiguration for all of the customers?

Hi Anthony Brian Mallgren,

please be aware that browsers may have issues, when using it as a FTP - program. Consider to use a real FTP - program, if you experience FTP - transfer issues.

You mean for uploading files, like Youtube, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, et cetera? Can you point me in the right direction for FTP Clients for those programs? Wouldn't want to increase the risk of possible transfer issues.

you can use each FTP - software, which you would like to. You will find free FTP - software with a Google search, using for example: "FTP" "software" "windows" "free"

The needed username and password for FTP - accounts for your domain could be added/set over your Plesk Control Panel, or use the domain - specfic systemuser and its password, which is set with each domain creation over Plesk.

you can use each FTP - software, which you would like to. You will find free FTP - software with a Google search, using for example: "FTP" "software" "windows" "free"

The needed username and password for FTP - accounts for your domain could be added/set over your Plesk Control Panel, or use the domain - specfic systemuser and its password, which is set with each domain creation over Plesk.

I'm not sure what you are saying. I asked about industry best practice in regards to file management, and you simply disregarded the request. What is the difference between FTP and HTTPS?

He didn't disregard your request, he answered it.

FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. It's a protocol that's designed for transferring files.
HTTP stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol which is your standard way of viewing web sites.
HTTPS stands for Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secured which is the same thing as HTTP but over a secured connection.

To view HTTP and HTTPS you have to use a web browser like Firefox, Chrome, whatever while to connect with FTP you could use a web browser for view/download only or a client like Filezilla or CoreFTP for full transferring (uploading/downloading) support.

Most people will edit the files on their computer using whatever preferred software they'd like to use then use a FTP client to upload the files. Some editors, like Dreamweaver, can be configured to connect to the FTP server for full automation. You are not limited to use only the web editor that Plesk (or any other panels) provided.

Ah, alright, that makes sense. It has been a while since I reviewed the OSI model, so thank you for the review.

So, this is hierarchical then, with HTTP and HTTPS utilizing FTP as an underlying protocol? Or are the names figurative, perhaps antiquated?

Back