• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved 500 Plesk\Exception\Database

CiaceNT

New Pleskian
Hi I have a dedicated server with Centos and Plesk, unfortunately changing the administrator password from SSH and MariaDB created a big problem.
If I try to access the Plesk administration panel I get the following output

500 Plesk \ Exception \ Database
DB query failed: SQLSTATE [HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)
DB query failed: SQLSTATE [HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'admin' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)
File
Mysql.php
Line

I contacted Aruba customer support but it didn't solve my problem.

Can anyone help fix this mess?

I have the backup of Joomla directory and MariaDB

I have also the general backup xml.tar

Attachments

• Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-22.png
    Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-22.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-25.png
    Schermata del 2020-04-30 20-42-25.png
    212.3 KB · Views: 51
Thank you for the answer, I did not undestand what I've do whit the command that you I've suggest me

but I've used the "plesk login" from CLI for access to plesk, but I can't change the password of admin from the panel and I recived this message

Error: Sync error: cObject::update() failed: Some fields are empty or contain an improper value. Do not use quotes, space and national alphabet characters in a password.
The password length should be from 5 to 14 characters in length, and it should not contain the username. ('login' = 'admin').

If I try whit this command

plesk bin admin --set-admin-password -passwd 'zuyT96$3Oevp06_2Cxwj69~2'

Unable to change administrator's password: DB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1290 The MariaDB server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement, query was: GRANT USAGE ON *.* TO admin@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '$AES-128-CBC$5KVsO/h98bFdu936irvEJA==$MsHKAHGCcupi/UGeHy+Gbb3Iv8NsTtGG0z/07NgrcIQ='

exit status 1

And than

Can I know what it's the password of this hash?

$AES-128-CBC$ZmY/EEpy1+TwCNq5kalqSA==$Pd02kf4TTlpXdi/qyeo92w==

Thanks

From the error in the --set-admin-password command you did enable --skip-grant-tables on your mysql so it fails.
Remove the changes you did and fix the admin user with the article I provided then plesk bin admin --set-admin-password -passwd should work too

Hallo,
i have a problem!, if i add new Database and i get this error( SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1290 The MariaDB server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option so it cannot execute this statement ), how i can slove this problem

best Regards
cebina

The MariaDB server is running with the --skip-grant-tables option
Seems that you have skip-grant-tables enabled in the configuration.
You should be able to find the config file with this command:
Code:
egrep -rl "skip-grant-tables|skip_grant_tables" /etc/

Back