• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue 500 Plesk\Exception\Database

tanermetin

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
I can not login to Plesk with username: root and provided password. Below error is what I get.
TypePlesk\Exception\Database
MessageDB query failed: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory
FileMysql.php
Line79

plesk -v is giving me:

root@sharp-johnson:~# plesk -v
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.38.1
OS version: Ubuntu 20.04 x86_64

@tanermetin Sorry to see that there still seem to be issues. Let me try to explain this better: The message that you are seeing indicates that there is something wrong with the database server. The database server is a component that is installed on the operating system. There are many reasons why it might end up in a "No such file or directory" error message. If the most common reasons as previously discussed don't match your case, you can try to go through several other suggestions why this message can be displayed. Here are the support suggestions:

In my case this happened when i tried to update the packages you see below. Plesk crashed, database server stopped, i had to run repair, update failed.
plesk.jpg

Before i try to update again, is something or anything that i need to change?

@NickSick I'd like to encourage you to let Plesk support handle this for you. The reason is that the update logs will need to be checked why a "secure" update of system packages did not let the database restart. It can be some simple settings in the my.cnf file, but there could also be other reasons. It is not possible to tell from the screenshot. Experienced Plesk supporters can check the issue directly on your server and will most likely find the best possible solution.

" If you have purchased a Plesk license from one of Plesk partners, technical support should be provided by them. Plesk partners are fully trained and deliver best-in-the-industry support for Plesk products running on their infrastructure. However, if you would like to get support directly from Plesk, you may purchase the Plesk support subscription."

I have a dedicated server and a Plesk licence purchased from the server company. They do not offer support because the server is managed from me.
And you don't offer free basic support because the licence is not purchased directly from you.

As you can see, it's not that simple to pay for support each time something goes wrong with Plesk, the only way out is reading this forum, but when your server is down, this isn't very helpfull

I have a dedicated server and a Plesk licence purchased from the server company. They do not offer support because the server is managed from me.
And you don't offer free basic support because the licence is not purchased directly from you.
There is huge price discount when licences are purchased from a reseller. Think about how much you have saved so far and compare this to the extremely low rate for a support contract. I think I have only read once in my entire lifetime that a customer was not satisfied with Plesk support. It is well worth the contract.

Also: "Subscription has a free trial period for 1 month."
Maybe that would be a way for you to go?

You' re right about the discount, not a huge one but yes it was a good price. However if you add the support rate the price goes over the official Plesk subscription prices.
I think I have only read once in my entire lifetime that a customer was not satisfied with Plesk support.
Yup, that's true, so you won't read something different here. I reached them once, and they were extremely helpfull

Back