• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 500 Plesk\Exception\Database

burakmehel

New Pleskian
hi dear,

While upgrading to plesk panel mariadb 10.6 on my rocky linux server, i am getting mariadb initialization error. What is the reason?

[root@nervous-mclean ~]# systemctl start mariadb

Job for mariadb.service failed because the control process exited with error code.

See "systemctl status mariadb.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Ekran Resmi 2023-07-21 22.28.07.png

Please provide the content of your my.cnf file. I'd specifically need to see the "bind" line. Is it "::" or "127.0.0.1" only? Or are there several entries in the line? Further, please check /var/log/messages for mariadb related messages as that will show details why the service cannot start.

how he suppose to provide that if the panel is locked because of this error, i have the same issue
Please provide the content of your my.cnf file. I'd specifically need to see the "bind" line. Is it "::" or "127.0.0.1" only? Or are there several entries in the line? Further, please check /var/log/messages for mariadb related messages as that will show details why the service cannot start.

how he suppose to provide that if the panel is locked because of this error, i have the same issue
Connect to your server via SSH. Run the following commands and post back the output of these commands:

cat /etc/my.cnf | grep 'bind'

cat /var/log/messages | grep 'maridb'

journalctl -xe

Last edited:
Connect to your server via SSH. Run the following commands and post back the output of these commands:

cat /etc/my.cnf | grep 'bind'

cat /var/log/messages | grep 'maridb'

journalctl -xe
sometimes stopped and i restart the server from ssh then it back, but its un expected when it will stop again, . the command not giving output, screenshot attached
1690453316783.png

You are not logged in as root, and the shell probably needs to be sh. If you cannot "sudo" to root privileges, you probably tried to SSH from a subscription / with a subscription user account. Solution suggestions: Use PuTTY to login, use "su" to escalate privileges to root level afterwards.

You are not logged in as root, and the shell probably needs to be sh. If you cannot "sudo" to root privileges, you probably tried to SSH from a subscription / with a subscription user account. Solution suggestions: Use PuTTY to login, use "su" to escalate privileges to root level afterwards.
thank you for reply, i logged as root in putty but same, SS attached1690567032571.png

@jnasser first a word of warning to you. Beware you're posting on a public forum. Any server details (such as your server name, URL and IP) you are posting are public visible. I just wanted to make sure your are comfortable with that.

It seems that in your case the MariaDB service is actually running. But it looks like there are some communication issue's with a couple of databases on your server. I doubt however that this would cause the same '500 database exeption' error as posted by @burakmehel.

Did you also upgraded to MariaDB version 10.6? And do you get the same Plesk error when you log in to Plesk? If so, can you paste a screenshot of the error.

Just a note: the second command isn't working because of a copy/paste error in the command.

This is the command without the error:
Code:
cat /var/log/syslog | grep 'mariadb'
Please run it as root and paste the contents here. Remove any IP addresses that you don't want to make public.

Jul 23 21:31:15 strange-hermann kernel: [ 5758.716204] Out of memory: Killed process 66691 ([01;31m[Kmariadb[m[Kd) total-vm:1088688kB, anon-rss:18816kB, file-rss:0kB,

Jul 23 21:31:15 strange-hermann kernel: [ 5758.716204] Out of memory: Killed process 66691 ([01;31m[Kmariadb[m[Kd) total-vm:1088688kB, anon-rss:18816kB, file-rss:0kB,
I changed ther PHP server from FAST CGI to FPM
andi changed the memory from 1500 to 256m, mean i reduced just now ?! i dont know if this work

1690639328676.png

it was working good for a while, but now the website is not loading but the plesk dashboard is loading and im using the host name not IP, its strange.

I'm using Digital ocean.

You're using the minimum required RAM. Indeed this can cause issues when the RAM requests from applications suddenly increase. You only have around 210 MB spare, that is probably not enough.

Back