• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

530 login incorrect Proftpd and Plesk

fibbo87

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

have a big problem with Plesk 11.5.30 running on Centos 6.4.

I changed the ftp password of the main user of one domain, since then i can not login to ftp. All the Time 530 login incorrect. Tryed to change several times the passwort but still doesnt work. Also other ftp user can not login.
Proftpd is running in version 1.3.4c. Filemanager of Plesk still works fine.

Tried to remove and install proftpd, but still problem accurs.

Any ideas how i can get proftpd back to work?

Thanks!

Got a solution.

I changed the Password of the User over SSH. Then it works.
But actually when doing this over Plesk Panel it wound't work. Also creating new users can't login to FTP. Just when overwriting the PW over SSH the login over FTP success.
Seems to be a bug?

Did you run bootstrapper.sh after reinstallation?

Code:
/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

No, i deleted it over ssh and reinstalled it over the panel update process. Will that fix the issue? Doesnt plesk do this in the reinstall procedure?

Well, running bootstrapper doenst change anything. Still when i change Password in Plesk i get 530 and must fix it over SSH passwd change.

While you change the FTP password from the control panel, please monitor
Code:
tail -f /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log
to see if there any errors being generated preventing plesk to run SHELL commands ..

Also, you can try to change that FTP password using the plesk bin scripts ...

That is strange indeed ...(have not experienced this before)

If you have unlimited domains license, you may open a help-desk ticket and they will check it out for you ..It's FREE ...
If you don't have the unlimited domains license, then perhaps (I could ask you to open a ticket with me I run investigations and get it resolved for you)

Back