• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

5GB isapi.log

J

jjjlo

Hi:

There is a 5GB (and growing) file "isapi.log" at C:/Program Files/SWsoft/Plesk/Tomcat/logs/isapi.log. Anyone know what is it use for? Can I delete it?

Thanks

p.s. My server: MS Windows 2003 server standard version + Plesk 6.5.2 + all patches

Host 35 Email Accounts

Size of C:/Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk: 356mb 11,668 files

Windows 2003 Web Server

Plesk 6.5.2

All Patches

I see no reason why you should have a file that size 5gig and growing.

We have 20+ email accounts and 5 websites.
Aspilog is only 2048kb

Wish I new more......

SJS

every time some browses a webpage from a domain on your server the file gets an entry because of the isapi.dll in the isapi config in your iis.

it is very anoyng that the file is growing and growing without an end.

you can delete the file by stopping your iis and then just delete the file and start your iis again it generates automatic a new file, so don't worry i did it several times.

best regards from switzerland

The problem is in the Jakarta (Tomcat) install itself.

By default the ISAPI dll that comes with Tomcat is installed in a debug mode. This means it logs everything that IIS does.

I did a very minimal amount of googling and found the fix for this.

Before I begin, I'm going to tell you to edit your registry. You do this at your own risk. I won't be held accountable in any way if you're too inept to do a simple registry edit without backing your registry up first.

Edit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi Redirector\1.0 and find the string value key "log_level".

Change this string value to "info" and close it. Changes will take effect the next time you start IIS and Tomcat.

If you want to delete the file, follow the directions given in the preceding posts.

I'm still rather annoyed that tomcat.exe is even running considering it hogs up 22MB (!!) of RAM and my license doesn't even cover it.

Have a nice day

Back