• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[7.5.3] No hard disk quota at hosting setup

P

plugged

I've just installed Plesk 7.5.3 on my new server:
Celeron 2.4GHz
1024MB ram
250GB Hard disk

Everything seems to be working fine, even the Perl packages missing in the Plesk installer is installed.

But when I add a domein, I can't use the hard disk quota. It seems to be not working because the input box is gray...

Though I can use the limits...

Can somebody tell me what's wrong?

Please check if the quota utils (quota rpm or deb package) are installed and the filesystem supports the quota...

greets
sascha

As far as I know, quota is enabled.

This is what I see in my /etc/fstab
Code:
$ cat /etc/fstab
# Device                Mountpoint      FStype  Options         Dump    Pass#
/dev/ad0s1b             none            swap    sw              0       0
/dev/ad0s1a             /               ufs     rw              1       1
/dev/ad0s1e             /tmp            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/ad0s1f             /usr    ufs     rw,userquota    2       2
/dev/ad0s1d             /var            ufs     rw              2       2
/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0
linprocfs               /compat/linux/proc   linprocfs   rw   0  0
/dev/ad0s1f /usr ufs rw,userquota 2 2

According this line, it should be enabled...

Re: I had the same problem

Originally posted by swebs
Try this:

1. ssh into your box as root

2. cd /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/

3. cp usermng usermng.save

4. wget http://www.yep-media.de/usermng/usermng

Done that, now I got error messages :mad:

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: usermng failed: Empty error message from utility.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:288 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: usermng failed: Empty error message from utility.")

I've put the original one back.

I don't think this is it ...

I would recommend doing one of the following:

1. Change into the directory where the Plesk rpms are stored, do rpm -Uvh --force *.rpm

2. Setup yum and use ARTs yum channels and do yum update

3. Try the control panel updater again (least likely to work)

Eventhough you've just done a fresh install, it is likely that something just didn't install properly. Forcing the rpm's to reinstall may be the more likely fix.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
I would recommend doing one of the following:

1. Change into the directory where the Plesk rpms are stored, do rpm -Uvh --force *.rpm

2. Setup yum and use ARTs yum channels and do yum update

3. Try the control panel updater again (least likely to work)

Eventhough you've just done a fresh install, it is likely that something just didn't install properly. Forcing the rpm's to reinstall may be the more likely fix.
That ain't gonna work, i'm using FreeBSD, not Fedora.

Damn...

I've just installed Fedora Core 2 on the server, and now Plesk is running Perfectly... everything works great!

But i still want to use FreeBSD!

Can anybody tell me what I'm not seeing?
On FreeBSD i've got a normal BSD filesystem with quota enabled (like all default installs). I've installed Perl 5.8.6 with all other extra packages.

I'm clueless :(

On FreeBSD i've got a normal BSD filesystem with quota enabled (like all default installs). I've installed Perl 5.8.6 with all other extra packages.

I do not believe that quota support is included in GENERIC kernel on FreeBSD. You will have to enable quota support in the kernel and then recompile. Once you have done this plesk will be ok with quotas .

Back