• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How to turn on hard quota on disk space on ubuntu 16.04 ?

raykai

Basic Pleskian
Hi, so I'm having a hard time trying to turn on Hard quota on disk space on my plesk running on ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

under a domain > Web Hosting Access > Hard quota on disk space i see this:

The hard quota on disk space is the limit on the amount of disk space that can be used. If the hard quota is set, and all allocated disk space is used, no further operations on files can be performed.

Hard quota on disk space Unlimited. Hard disk quota is not supported due to the configuration of the server file system.

I just did a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04 and installed Plesk on it.

i saw this doc: Unable to setup the Hard Disk quota for a domain: field is greyed-out and you cannot edit it

but it don't seem to work for me :(

all i get using # /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/usermng --isquotable

is this :
Code:
Normally, it should return "0."

in my file /etc/fstab i have this by default :
Code:
LABEL=cloudimg-rootfs   /        ext4   defaults        0 0

so how can i tern the quota on disk space ?

here is a screenshot of what i mean:
buggg.jpg

well it don't work i get to the step 5 but when running it i get

Code:
# quotaon /
quotaon: cannot find //aquota.group on /dev/vda1 [/]
quotaon: using //aquota.user on /dev/vda1 [/]: No such process
quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.

i read on the web that ubuntu has a bug in the kernel. The quota filesystem modules are currently not included in the virtual kernel package.
see here: Bug #761809 “Quota modules are missing from the package” : Bugs : linux package : Ubuntu

"The quota filesystem modules are currently not included in the virtual kernel package. However those are important if a virtual system is used to offer user facing services that require to enforce disk space limitations."

how would i fix this as im running ubuntu on a VPS form OVH VPS Hosting: your Virtual Server - OVH Canada and i need the quota to work.

would be nice if plesk could add the missing modules as an option.

Last edited:
Hi raykai,

Quota format not supported in kernel
I'm sorry, but kernel updates are outside Plesk functions. Plesk does not compile any kernels for your operating system and we do not publish them either.

i read on the web that ubuntu 16.04 has a bug in the kernel. The quota filesystem modules are currently not included in the virtual kernel package.
see here: Bug #761809 “Quota modules are missing from the package” : Bugs : linux package : Ubuntu
Your provided link shows a reported bug from "2011-04-15", which is currenly over 6 years old. This bug has been resolved for "Maverick" ( 10.10 ) and "Natty" ( 11.04 ) Ubuntu versions. ;)

funny thing is if i follow this guide it works : quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel : Ubuntu [Solved] - Techglimpse or at least it looks like it does.

1. run :
Code:
#apt-get install linux-image-extra-virtual

2. run
Code:
#echo quota_v1 >> /etc/modules
#echo quota_v2 >> /etc/modules

3. reboot the system

4. Now check if it’s working:
Code:
quotaon /

doing this i now have the option to add a size limit in plesk.

i did run a local coppy of ubuntu and it has the same bug so i dont know why they say its fixed when we get
# quotaon /
quotaon: cannot find //aquota.group on /dev/vda1 [/]
quotaon: using //aquota.user on /dev/vda1 [/]: No such process
quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.

on ubuntu 16.04

Please Editi your fstab file. My Options:

/dev/mapper/srv--02--vg-root / ext4 errors=remount-ro,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv1 0

Please restart!

Commands after restart:
quotaoff -av
quotacheck -avum
quotaon -av

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Back