• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

7.5.3 to 7.5.4... Safe?

J

jonathanw

Greetings all,

After having struggled through numerous Plesk nightmares, (Mysql 4.x problems, etc.) I finally have my 7.5.3 installation working fine on fedora core2 with the version of mysql that ships with plesk (3.23?).

I would love to upgrade mysql to 4.x (but I am to afraid after numerous server wipes and rebuilds)

I am looking for comments from people who have sucessfully upgraded an "out of the box" plesk installation of 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 without hicups..

Are the fixes in the new release worth the trouble? I am wondering if I should leave well enough alone.

Many thanks,
J.

I'm was running MySQL 4.1 on FC3 w/ Plesk 7.5.3 without a problem. Just had to add to /etc/my.cnf
old_passwords

I upgraded to Plesk 7.5.4 with a few minor dependency problems due to the fact I was going from Plesk 7.5.3 for FC2 to Plesk 7.5.4 for FC3. But if your running FC2 then you shouldn't have these problems.

I recommend you check out AtomicRocketTurtle's yum repository. I have had no problems using his stuff to upgrade to mySQL 4.0.x

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
I recommend you check out AtomicRocketTurtle's yum repository. I have had no problems using his stuff to upgrade to mySQL 4.0.x

There was no problem upgrading to 4.0.x And it apears that ART's MySQL 4.1 RPM adds that line already. But will break Plesk versions less than 7.5.3 (will work with 7.5.3 and 7.5.4) and because of that it is located in atomic-testing But I've been using for a while now.

Back