• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

7.5.4 Update

Please make sure that you are not mixing up 'Secure Password' Authentication(SPA) with SMTP authentication 'My Server Requires Authentication'.

If you are turning on SPA, then sending will fail.

I have seen many people confuse the 2 types of authentication before, so just thought I'd throw that one out there...
 
James,

That sounds VERY interesting. However, I wonder if you could explain a bit more. Do you mean a setting in Plesk or a setting in my mail client?

In Plesk, "Server > Server-wide mail preferences"
I have it set to Relaying "authorization is required:" SMTP == checked

In my mail client, I have:
authentication:password (and that l/p entered)

IS there some OTHER place in Plesk to look for a SMTP setting, since I am unsure what you speak of.

Thanks!
 
In your email client (such as Outlook), you do *not* want to checkmark the secure password option. You do want to checkmark the 'Server requires authentication'.
 
Back
Top