• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.1 Plesk to 8.2 Plesk Migration

T

tooljob

Im trying to have as pain free migration as possible.

We have a old server running Plesk 8.1 and want to migrate ALL the data on it to a Plesk 8.2 server.

How do I migrate the data? I saw the Migration Manager in the 8.2 Control Panel . Is it as simple as supplying the hostname and login?

Also, on the old 8.1 server, if the migration fails, will if affect the domains on the old server? Hopefully, not cause that isnt kosher.

Thanks in advance for any input.

One last question would it be smarter to update the 8.1 Plesk sever to the 8.2 Plesk before I try the migration?

Thanks

TJ

I just migrated from 8.1.2 on FC2 to 8.2.1 on Centos5. Broke many customers applications which were installed from the vault. Could not re-install many apps from the vault as they were not php 5 compliant. Spam went crazy for some unknown reason as Spamassassin and the block lists are setup the same however everyone is getting 80% more ****. Sitebuilder broke and I have yet to get it working again.. My suggestion is upgrade first, then migrate.

Back