• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

8.6->10.x subdomains preventing business model transition

Faris Raouf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Dear all,

I'm having a bit of a brain-fade moment. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

I've just migrated a bunch of domains from a 8.6 server to a 10.4.4 server.

The "Complete switching to Plesk 10 Business model" tool has transitioned most domains correctly. But customers with any domains that have subdomains will not transition no matter what I do. I've tried every possible combination of manual and automatic transition option, but none of them actually do anything and the customers remain in the list that need to be transitioned.

Deleting all the subdomains caused the client to vanish from the list, so it is definitely a subdomain-related issue. If a domain has domain aliases - no problem. If a customer has multiple domains - no problem. But if a customer has a domain with subdomains it just won't transition.

Any thoughts or pointers please?

Hi,

Whats the error you are getting in the error log "/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/pmmcli.log" while trying to migrate domains having subdomains ?

There's no actual error. The domains migrate fine.

But after the migration has completed, you get the little box on the home page that says "you need to transition domains to the new Plesk 10 Business Model" or words to that effect. This is where "domains" get turned into "subscriptions" and Clients get turned into Customers.

Most of the clients/domains transition perfectly using the default automatic choice (which would be for subscriptions to inherit the limits of the former domain).

But for clients with domains that have subdomains - it just won't. You have several choices to select from, including "subscription inherits domain limits", "subscription inherits Client limits" and so on.

None of these options work with the domains that have subdomains. They remain in the list of clients/domains that need to be transitioned.

Actually that's not quite true. There's one option that does work. I can turn the client into a Reseller. That works fine. But that's not what I want :)

Well, I've found a way around the problem. The issue appears to be related to two things: a bug in either the Migration Manager of the Business Model switching tool, and permissions of the client on the system being migrated from.

By simply going through the steps you'd expect to need to use in the Business Model switching tool, the client and their domains do get correctly transitioned. They just get stuck in the Business Model switchin tool.

To get them out, all that's necessary is to move the domain with the subdomains to a different subscriber. The client and alll the other domains then vanish from the Business Model switching tool. The domain can then be moved back to the correct client and all is well.

Back