• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

9.2.1 FTP Permissions problem

64bithost.com

Regular Pleskian
When I goto change permissions in FTP using WinSCP it will not allow me to change permissions after I just created a new install of Plesk. Why is this

- Chris

Hi

Could you please give more details about this problem? Is there any way we can try to reproduce it on testing stations?
Please paste here step-by-step.

9.2.1 ftp problems

Hi Yulia,

here is the problem,

As root or any other user I cannot change the permissions on WsFTP port 22 on any user on any of the servers I have. I have done a fresh install on CentOS 5.3 with Virtuozzo 4.0. I created new accounts and copied the accounts contents into the new contaniers running plesk 9.2.1. The problem started when I tried to change permissions from 755 to 777 on a file. at first it was random because only one account was doing it. Then every account started doing it.

I have started upgrading (weekly upgrades of all servers to the latest kernel base) but I do not think this will help.

I have over 30 servers and this happens on all servers.

Chris

updated to 9.2.1 ftp problems

However when I use the CMS software [Dreamweaver/Contribute] I can connect to the site but I can't save files.
I've updated the file permissions on the site to rwx rwx rwx.
See error note when trying to post file sseigle.html to the site via Dreamweaver:

Operation timed out. Cancelling...
attorney:sseigle.html - error occurred - There is a problem renaming this file on the server. Verify that you have permission to rename files on the server. If the problem persists, you can turn off rollbacks in the Contribute Administration settings.
attorney:sseigle.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put sseigle.html.

File activity incomplete. 2 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 2
attorney:sseigle.html
attorney:sseigle.html

Finished: 7/27/09 4:38 PM

Back