• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

9.5 to 10.2 failed

P

pseconds

I followed the directions to upgrade from 9.5 to 10.2 on Windows 2003. 90 minutes in, the installed stopped and server rebooted. The static websites came back up, but the ones powered from mysql databases did not work, nor did the control panel. I went back to the installer, and it does not think plesk is installed at all now on the server and wants me to do a new install. how do I fix this so I don't lose all the configured domains on my plesk server?

The control panel error is:
RROR: Zend_Db_Adapter_Exception
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

0: Abstract.php:143
Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
1: Abstract.php:417
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(string 'SELECT 1', array)
2: Abstract.php:230
Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(string 'SELECT 1')
3: Abstract.php:153
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract::initDbAdapter()
4: Abstract.php:111
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract->_initDbAdapter()
5: Abstract.php:39
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract->run()
6: Abstract.php:24
CommonPanel_Application_Abstract::init()
7: auth.php3:150

Make sure at least that your MySQL server is up and accessible for connection to port 3306 from localhost.

Thanks, but that's the problem. Neither I or Parallels techs have been able to resolve this. I've had a ticket open since Saturday with parallels, they have not resolved this yet either. It scares me to think that a control panel upgrade is leaving my customers without email or websites for 5 days. I'm just glad this was not a heavily populated server. I've already had two customers cancel service based on this length of outage.

Does anyone else have any ideas on how to resolve the error below?

I don't know the ticket #, this was escalated through Softlayer/ThePlanet. I'm 9 days into this now; my clients do not have working email, some do not have websites, none can login via ftp, site preview does not work, cannot add new domains, backups do not work. I am also losing customers left and right as a result of this failed upgrade.

I'm regretting ever thinking about this upgrade.

Back