• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved 9986#0: *15588 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream

DonDDD

New Pleskian
All of a sudden I'm getting this in my error logs a lot on one particular domain (also has SSL).
None of my other sites are having this problem.

When trying to load the site in the browser I get
"504 Gateway Time-out"

Any insights on this?

Hi DonDDD,

pls. make sure, that your webserver is active and running and make sure that your depending php-fpm - service ( if in use for your domain! ) is active and running as well.

Code:
service apache2 status
( service httpd status )

service nginx status

service php5-fpm status
( service plesk-phpXX-fpm status )

... or/and check the status over the Plesk Control Panel:

=> HOME > Tools & Settings > Services Management

Thanks for the reply, next time it starts this problem I'll check.

However, I have 15 other domains on the server, all working perfectly fine (Apache, Nginx) while I get this error on just one of the domains. When I restart the server the error goes away.

That's why I'm confused...

Hi DonDDD,

pls. note as well that PHP - issues/errors/problems and poorly written scripts/content can cause high server load as well on your domain(s). Pls. try to investigate your domain - specific log - files for further investigations and tryout as well a different PHP - handler.
Pls. make sure, that if you use ".htaccess" - files, that the ( possible ) additional nginx directives are correctly setup and don't cause loops or 5xx and 4xx - errors. ;)
Check as well possible modsecurity issues on your domain ( if in use ).

Back