• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

A dependency problem upgrading to 10.0.1

keymasterdk

Basic Pleskian
Hi..

I have tried to upgrade from 9.5.2 to 10.0.1 but got the error : A dependency problem is found. Old version of MySQL has been installed. I then installed 9.5.3 without problems and then again 10.0.1 but same error message. What can I do ?

Regards John Hansen

Did you checked what is version of MySQL you have installed?

Hi..

No i guess that upgrading from 9.5.2 -> 9.5.3 would upgrade the MySQL, but now I have taken a look and in the control panel -> Settings I can see that the version is : 5.0.83

Regards John Hansen

In order for Plesk to pick up updated components they need to be installed in specific directories - "%plesk_dir%\Databases\MySQL" for MySQL (see KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/1077)
Try to install/re-install MySQL 5.1 using instructions given in this KB article

Hi

Ok found out something, following this : http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=96182 the latest post was helpful renaming the file. Anyway after upgrading the MySQL to the latest version did not help me, I still get the same message from the upgrader : A dependency problem is found. Old version of MySQL has been installed. So what now ????

Regards John

I think problem should be investigated directly on your server. Therefore I suggest you contact support team. Otherwise we can guess very long time.

Hi

Hehe yeah just let me pay again. I have paid 2 times for professional help ( one hour each time) I can see that they in both cases have used about 25 min is it possible to use the rest of the time ? 894626 and 794574

Regards John

Did you manage to solve this problem ?
I have the same problem upgrading from Plesk 9.5.4 to 10.2 on Windows 2003 server.
Tried upgrading in %plesk_dir%\Databases\MySQL and %plesk_dir%\MySQL , tried deleting MySQL everywhere.

Thank you.

This is what I get.
Can't find this (mysql-1-4.1.18.i386) version on my server!

unresolved conflict: necessary package mysql-client-5.1.48.noarch is conflicts with mysql-1-4.1.18.i386. There is no upgrade solution or obsoleter for mysql-1, add to removable list mysql-1
Problem occured during searching conflicts for package mysql-client-5.1.48.noarch Error: A dependency problem is found: Old version of MySQL has been installed.

Back