• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

A dependency problem upgrading to 10.0.1

keymasterdk

Basic Pleskian
Hi..

I have tried to upgrade from 9.5.2 to 10.0.1 but got the error : A dependency problem is found. Old version of MySQL has been installed. I then installed 9.5.3 without problems and then again 10.0.1 but same error message. What can I do ?

Regards John Hansen

Did you checked what is version of MySQL you have installed?

Hi..

No i guess that upgrading from 9.5.2 -> 9.5.3 would upgrade the MySQL, but now I have taken a look and in the control panel -> Settings I can see that the version is : 5.0.83

Regards John Hansen

In order for Plesk to pick up updated components they need to be installed in specific directories - "%plesk_dir%\Databases\MySQL" for MySQL (see KB article http://kb.odin.com/en/1077)
Try to install/re-install MySQL 5.1 using instructions given in this KB article

Hi

Ok found out something, following this : http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=96182 the latest post was helpful renaming the file. Anyway after upgrading the MySQL to the latest version did not help me, I still get the same message from the upgrader : A dependency problem is found. Old version of MySQL has been installed. So what now ????

Regards John

I think problem should be investigated directly on your server. Therefore I suggest you contact support team. Otherwise we can guess very long time.

Hi

Hehe yeah just let me pay again. I have paid 2 times for professional help ( one hour each time) I can see that they in both cases have used about 25 min is it possible to use the rest of the time ? 894626 and 794574

Regards John

Did you manage to solve this problem ?
I have the same problem upgrading from Plesk 9.5.4 to 10.2 on Windows 2003 server.
Tried upgrading in %plesk_dir%\Databases\MySQL and %plesk_dir%\MySQL , tried deleting MySQL everywhere.

Thank you.

This is what I get.
Can't find this (mysql-1-4.1.18.i386) version on my server!

unresolved conflict: necessary package mysql-client-5.1.48.noarch is conflicts with mysql-1-4.1.18.i386. There is no upgrade solution or obsoleter for mysql-1, add to removable list mysql-1
Problem occured during searching conflicts for package mysql-client-5.1.48.noarch Error: A dependency problem is found: Old version of MySQL has been installed.

Back