• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

A world of problems, now without any content, services or plesk.

RobbieL

New Pleskian
Yesterday I renewed my Plesk licence for another year. I decided it would be good time to implement some more thorough SSL, which lead me to swap out Apache w/ SNI to Apache w/o SNI.

Of course, Plesk wouldn’t let me do this without error. So I had to uninstall Apache completely, then the idea was to reinstall the version without SNI. But Plesk, without warning, not only uninstalled Apache, but all Plesk core services and configuration.

So I went through and ticked back all the Plesk features and the Apache version I wanted to re-install. Went to login to the panel and was greeted with T&C form. Got back into panel to find a completely reset version of Plesk, no domains, no customers, nothing.

Went to restore from a full backup. Got errors if I tried to restore anything. Figured out a way around that. Tried to restore clients config only, individually, since the content was still on the server. Plesk couldn’t do this without errors either, and what it did restore was only the customer name and domain name, nothing that was originally with it (sub-domains, user credentials etc). Fine, I thought I’ll just restore a full backup.

Full backup restore throws a multitude of errors, can’t link in with existing users/databases/content locations and just generally fails. Fine, I thought, I’ll uninstall Plesk completely and reinstall.

Obviously I couldn’t uninstall without errors, and so I used the Plesk uninstall sh from one of the KB articles and did the rest by hand. Tried to reinstall - every. single. method. of reinstalling threw an error, whether it was SMB or mysql or whatever, there was just no way around it, even with different versions.

So now I’m stuck without Plesk, without Apache, with no data on the server and not a single helpful thing on the internet for it.

Normally the deal is to post an error log but there have been so many errors, which I have researched and either fixed or bypassed, that then lead on to other errors, that it’s pointless to. I’ve never used something that has such an infinite loop of errors. Ever.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

I think that only one solution can be applied here - full OS and Plesk reinstallation.

Back