• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question about mailing list prefix sequence number

masa

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
under consideration
Plesk version and microupdate number
under consideration
Hello everyone,
Please let me know how the mailing list works.

These sentences use a translation tool.

I'm thinking of using Plesk from now on.

Due to the server replacement, it became necessary to set the sequence number of the existing mailing list server.

It seems possible by making additional settings using mainman3 components.

Is it possible to set it from the management screen? Or will it be set from the command line?

Kind regard.

@masa Thank you for our interest in Plesk. Do you already have a bare-metal server ready? Then you are also ready for Plesk. Simply install the operating system an add Plesk. Most data centers have ready-to-go images for that task.

It is much better trying it out on your own then to get a half-baked impression based on answers on quite specific questions. You'll want to know more, and with a free trial license from Plesk you can test it all - including seeing and managing it all in your own language.

Mailman configurations can generally be made from the graphical user interface, but to run your own server, sooner or later some basic knowledge of using the Linux console is required. This knowledge will come as you are using a server. Step by step, day by day. And there is always support available, too.

@masa Thank you for our interest in Plesk. Do you already have a bare-metal server ready? Then you are also ready for Plesk. Simply install the operating system an add Plesk. Most data centers have ready-to-go images for that task.

It is much better trying it out on your own then to get a half-baked impression based on answers on quite specific questions. You'll want to know more, and with a free trial license from Plesk you can test it all - including seeing and managing it all in your own language.

Mailman configurations can generally be made from the graphical user interface, but to run your own server, sooner or later some basic knowledge of using the Linux console is required. This knowledge will come as you are using a server. Step by step, day by day. And there is always support available, too.
Hi. Peter Debik

Thank you so much.

Your OS version CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version OBSIDIAN 18.0.50

After installing CentOS7 on my laptop PC, I installed Plesk Trial (OBSIDIAN). As a result, I was able to change the sequence number with the withlist command.

Example: maillist ml00001

----BEFORE----
# cd /usr/lib/mailman/
# ./bin/withlist ml00001
ml00001 のリストを読み込中 (ロック解除)
変数 `m' が ml00001 の MailList インスタンスです
>>> print m.post_id
>>>
最終処理中
--------------------
# ./bin/withlist ml00001
ml00001 のリストを読み込中 (ロック解除)