• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Access Denied at connecting to MySQL

M

Michael_S

Hi,

I got a new Windows Server 2008 R2 with Plesk Panel 10 right out of the box, everythings seems fine, all services are running.

After creating a new customer and a new domain, I added a MySQL database to the domain and created a db-user. The MySQL Service (not Plesk MySQL!) is up and running, a folder for the new database was created within the databases-folder, but as I want to connect to the database, I get an access denied. Doesn't matter what ID+password I'm using to create the db-user.

checked the my.ini and so on, the php-Application uses the right port, I tried changing from localhost to 127.0.0.1 to the actual real IP... doesn't matter.

I'm new to windows webserver, just have experience with linux webservers and "normal" windows server farms (terminal server/application service providing, citrix, ...) and had never a behavior like this before.

If it is something real simple, please excuse me, but I'm getting mad already about this and I didn't get any suggestions on a topic like these on the internet.

If someone has the right clue to solve this issue, I would really appreciate it ;)

Back