• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access the Plesk Error Log

N

Nick Wood

Hi

Might be very straight forward, but I cant seem to find where or how to access the error log for plesk errors.

Can anyone help me out?

Nick

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs

is where plesk keeps the CP access/error logs

permission error

Thanks for that

But I am logged on as the admin user, but can't access the logs due to a permission error. how do I login as the PSA user?

More information

Perhaps I should have been more specific also.

I have tried to install a module in plesk that has failed without displaying any errors and I want to check the error log for more information.

Where would plesk log the error for the add module feature?

user error?
I'm not sure you can see those logs from the plesk interface - you would need to open a shell and probably have to view the logs as root. as far as the PSA 'user' I'm not sure there is one - the control panel interface should be wide open to admin [unless you mean you are admin on windows - then you are in the wrong forum!]

Even after all that - I don't think you are going to see rpm install errors in aly of those logs, generally plesk writes it's install logs to /tmp - but I'm not sure if it would place update/upgrade logs there as well.

Your best chance - again from a shell - is to try to install the RPM for the module manually - at least tht way you should be able to -verbose it and see if it throws any errors...

- hope it helps
-sean

same problem here, error 500 - blank page, and /usr/local/psa/admin/logs has on error log. Where do I check the actual error cause?

Back