• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access to page restricted

S

smconsult

On one of my websites, there seems to be a problem where the site will go from being open to all (as most websites would be) to requiring a browser to login with the same credentials as the ftp / Front Page credentials.

No set-up changes are made to the site when this happens. The site is working fine, then sometime during the previous 12-24 hours, the permissions seem to change and the site makes this change.

So far, I've not figured out what is happening. I've checked the NTFS permissions of the site - they look fine. (Well, they look like any other site.) I don't see anything in the control panel for the site that is jumping out at me and saying "oooh! ooooh! Here I am!".

The only way I've been able to fix this is to totally delete the site then recreate it in Plesk. This works, but then of course I lose all stats, and it's a general pain in the butt.

Any thoughts out there? Anyone else seen this behavior?

Sean

I had this too twice

Sometimes when the user changes his FTP password the IUSR password changes in SAM database but PLESK can not Update the passwd on IIS directory security tab for anonymous access.

if you overwrite the IIS password with the new FTP password it should be fixed

Cool - thank you VERY much for the reply. I will look at that the next time it happens, and see if that solves it.

So, what I'm seeing is that Plesk is a "front end" for IIS. In one of the other forums, I asked about default documents. I've used IIS since 4.0, so I'm no newbie to IIS. So, investigating further, I see that IIS did NOT have default.html listed as one of its default documents. I added it there, and we'll see if that solves the problem.

Bottom line is, Plesk makes administering IIS easier - but you still need to make sure that IIS is humming along nicely, correct?

Sean

error

Plesk now have a patch to fix this for 7.5.4

Just email sales and they will send it to you,

Back