• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Accessing psa mysql database

RihadG

Basic Pleskian
Hi, folks. I wanted to upgrade Plesk 10 to 11 but saw this error first:
Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
WARNING: Unable to find "main" IP address in psa database. Please, check http://kb.parallels.com/en/112417 for more details.
So I followed that link and it said IP in the database might be missing. So I wanted to check what's there, but I can't access it.

root@ns4:/home/rihad# mysql -uadmin -p psa
Enter password: (here I type in the output of /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

What's going on?

Last edited:
Thanks, it worked. How bizarre that you used encrypted password as cleartext... You guys probably left it like that so that this longstanding idiom still kept working:
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

You can also access the database server using phpmyadmin through which you can manage psa database by:

Control Panel -> Tools & Settings -> Database Servers -> Manage Server (small icon on the right)

Access PSA MySQL Database

Query

If I want to access the psa database from another server, using something like Navicat, can it be done? If it can, it will permit me to copy the whole structure and content onto another server....!

Back