• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Accessing server system files with File Manager

seqoi

Regular Pleskian
Hi.

I have root access but i am not able to figure out (as you can see i am new to plesk) am i able to use same Plesk file manager to browse server system folders.

Example when i log in to Plesk this is what i see (file1.jpg)
files1.jpg

but is it possible for me to use same file manager but to see these files
files2.jpg

Just asking. So far i am unable to go out of web home directory...I have PleskWebAdmin edition...

Hi seqoi,

Just asking. So far i am unable to go out of web home directory...I have PleskWebAdmin edition...
No, it is NOT possible to use the Plesk Control Panel to list and navigate in the root directory.

If you're not comfortable with using the command line, you CAN view the files using SFTP, with a normal FTP client such as FileZilla. Care is still needed, though, as you'll be accessing the server as root, presumably, and could cause significant damage if you make changes.

If you're not comfortable with using the command line, you CAN view the files using SFTP, with a normal FTP client such as FileZilla. Care is still needed, though, as you'll be accessing the server as root, presumably, and could cause significant damage if you make changes.
Yeah i am just using SSH and that's it. I was curious that is all.

I am VERY new to plesk and i have ton of question.

So far Plesk seems way way ahead of Cpanel experience for me and i am actually very very happy. Just trying to know Plesk workflow that's all. Thanks for helping.

hi, how do you do this, where do you set up that accoutn/sftp details in plesk? thanks

Back