• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Accurate disk usage

LuisN

New Pleskian
On the Domains page, I have a newly created domain that lists disk usage as 2.93MB. I set up an IMAP mail account under this domain and sent that user an e-mail with a 10MB attachment. However, disk usage is still at 2.93MB. If I do a "Full Report" on the domain, I can see the 10MB in the mail account, but the domain total is still listed as 2.93MB.

Am I doing something wrong or is this expected? Or is it possible that the overall disk usage number is only calculated every X hours or every day while the other numbers are updated on the fly?

Alternatively, is there a better way to see disk usage by domain? Since most of my customers have small sites but use IMAP, the majority of my disk usage will be in the form of data stored in IMAP mailboxes.

Hello,

Parallels Plesk Panel has a special script for updating such stats - DailyMaintainance script.

"DailyMaintainance/script.php" -

- start "statistics" to count traffic, disc space, create Web stats pages and put result to psa.DomainsTraffic
- results processing: calculation of client traffic, comparison with Resource limits in Plesk, send notifications, suspending

The utilities are executed from root cron job:

~# cat /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily
# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1
~#

Time when daily cron job is executed:

/etc/crontab
--->8---
# run-parts
57 * * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.hourly
4 0 * * * root run-parts /etc/cron.daily
28 2 * * 0 root run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
58 1 11 * * root run-parts /etc/cron.monthly
---8<---

Changes do not have effect immediately but after statistics utility was executed.

Back