• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Activation issue, no properly formed ip address

swiftbash

New Pleskian
Hello,

I recently installed a plesk obsidian trial key for web host edition on my VMware workstation and activated just fine.

After a while, I decided to install it on my physical hardware. And when I tried to use the other trial key, it failed with "No Properly Formed IP Addresses (Error code 2)" error. I have disabled the firewall, tried to activate from command line and all with no luck. I can properly telnet and nslookup ka.plesk.com with no problem, so I don't know whats happening.

Here some information that may help:

OS for the VM: Same as physical machine
Debug Mode: Disabled.

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 8
According to Software Requirements for Plesk Obsidian, a static IP address should be configured on the server before installing Plesk for Windows. If Plesk is installed before assigning a static IP address to a network adapter, it can cause various issues and will inevitably create configuration conflicts.

1. Press Start > enter Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
  2. Click Outbound Rules > New Rule..., select Port, 5224, Allow the connection, and apply it to all profiles.

Back