1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Add / Edit Customers triggers "Internal Error"

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by MikeConoo, Aug 1, 2011.

  1. MikeConoo

    MikeConoo Guest

    0
     
    Today I ran the Plesk update from 10.2.0 to 10.3.1 on our CentOS Linux web server.

    Then tried to add a new customer, and on submssion it states "Internal Error" at top of page.
    Does the same when clicking OK on Edit customer.

    Although homepage is showing version as 10.3.1, there are still component updates showing on Updater.
    When I attempt to run these updates, terminates with error and last entry in log is:

    Can anyone shed light on a log file, where I can look to see what the "Internal Error" is?

    Regards

    Mike
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
  2. IgorG

    IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

    49
    24%
    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2009
    Messages:
    24,572
    Likes Received:
    1,243
    Location:
    Novosibirsk, Russia
    Please try to find related to "Internal Error" error message in /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log file.
     
  3. MikeConoo

    MikeConoo Guest

    0
     
    Error log shows ' Specified column "imNumber" is not in the row'

    Thanks IgorG!

    Checked the log and it states:

    This error occurs several times throughout the error log, and co-incides with when the "Internal Error" message appears when editing Customer Info.

    Regards

    Mike
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
  4. MikeConoo

    MikeConoo Guest

    0
     
    Error was caused by missing fields, imNumber, imType and Additional Info

    After trawling the web, I came across reference to several fields that were missing from my smb_users table in the PSA database.

    imNumber = Instant Messaging Number
    imType = Type of Instant Message (e.g. ICQ, Jabber, Skype...)
    additionationInfo = Additional Information

    I added these fields to my smb_users table as:

    imNumber, varchar(255), Allow NULL
    imType, int(11), Allow NULL
    additionalInfo, longtext, Allow NULL

    I can now add and edit Customer Info without throwing an internal error.

    Sadly, this hasn't resolved my Update issue, with outstanding component updates showing that returns error relating to "Already having latest version of product(s) installed. Installation will not continue."

    Regards

    Mike
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2011
Loading...