• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Add Memcache and Ioncube to PHP 7.0 / 7.1 / 7.2 on Debian 11.5 + Plesk 18.0.46

Pascal_Netenvie

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,
I succesfully added PHP 7.1.33 to a new server running Debian 11.5.
But now i want to add memcache to it and also Ioncube.
But i can' t find a way to make it work ...

If someone have the good process ...

Cheers !

My working process :
Code:
apt -y install software-properties-common
wget -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/php.gpg https://packages.sury.org/php/apt.gpg
echo "deb https://packages.sury.org/php/ $(lsb_release -sc) main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/php.list
apt update
apt -y upgrade
apt -y install php7.1
apt -y install php7.1-gd php7.1-mysql php7.1-dom php7.1-cli php7.1-json php7.1-common php7.1-mbstring php7.1-opcache php7.1-readline php7.1-xsl php7.1-bcmath php7.1-mbstring php7.1-soap php7.1-xml php7.1-zip
apt -y install php7.1-cgi
apt -y install php7.1-fpm
apt -y install mcrypt php7.1-mcrypt
apt -y install php7.1-curl
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname "7.1" -id php7.1-socgi -path /usr/bin/php-cgi7.1 -phpini /etc/php/7.1/apache2/php.ini -clipath /usr/bin/php7.1 -type fastcgi
/usr/local/psa/bin/php_handler --add -displayname "7.1" -id php7.1-sofpm -path /usr/bin/php7.1 -phpini /etc/php/7.1/apache2/php.ini -clipath /usr/bin/php7.1 -type fpm -service php7.1-fpm -poold /etc/php/7.1/fpm/pool.d
a2enconf php7.1-fpm
plesk bin php_handler --reread
systemctl reload apache2

@IgorG It is other way around. The Plesk PHP packages for version 5.6 to 7.3 are outdated because they are officially EOL. The PHP packages from sury.org include backported security fixes. We also use them for our clients to fulfill our security SLAs for old PHP versions.

@Pascal_Netenvie sury.org does not provide the ionCube package. But you can easily add it:

Code:
- download the ionCube package from https://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php
- copy included library "ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so" to /usr/lib/php/20160303"
- add the following line to the end of the file "/etc/php/7.1/fpm/php.ini":
zend_extension = /usr/lib/php/20160303/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so
- restart the PHP 7.1 FPM application e.g. under "Tools & Settings > Services Management"

Memcache is already available through the sury repository. Just install it via:

Code:
apt-get install php7.1-memcache

To be close to the PHP extensions provided by Plesk you should install at least the following list of extensions (e.g. as drop-in-replacement for the outdated Plesk PHP 7.1 handler):

Code:
apt-get install php7.1 php7.1-bcmath php7.1-bz2 php7.1-cgi php7.1-cli php7.1-common php7.1-curl php7.1-dba php7.1-enchant php7.1-fpm php7.1-gd php7.1-igbinary php7.1-imagick php7.1-imap php7.1-intl php7.1-json php7.1-ldap php7.1-mbstring php7.1-mcrypt php7.1-mysql php7.1-odbc php7.1-opcache php7.1-pgsql php7.1-pspell php7.1-readline php7.1-redis php7.1-soap php7.1-sodium php7.1-sqlite3 php7.1-tidy php7.1-xml php7.1-xmlrpc php7.1-xsl php7.1-zip

Hi,
Thanks for your answers.

@IgorG We must use these PHP versions cause some applications are only 7.1 or 7.2 compatible.

@Hangover2 Yes thanks.
Since my post i had ioncube installed successfully.
For memcache i also installed this package but it seems unreachable on standard port (11211) despite this port is open in firewall for 127.0.0.1 and server IP.
For these PHP extensions somes are in our proces but we don't need all.
Why do you think it is good to install it all ?

Back