• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Adding 2nd IP to my 1and1 server took it down - help?

IanJ1965

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm with 1and1.co.uk and running dedicated server Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard with Parallels Plesk 12 (64-bit). 5 or 6 domains, just a few websites all on a single IP.

Today I wanted to add a 2nd IP so purchased through 1and1, got the notification it was available.

Went into plesk and into ADD IP, and as soon as I hit OK the server went down and stayed down.

Called 1and1 and they tried re-booting and although the server is booting all ports seem closed, can't ping my primary IP.

Some troubleshooting later via the serial console 1and1 said it looks like the network settings on the box got screwed.......they fixed some of it but seem to be having trouble changing the gateway.

1and1 said that it would probably be easy to fix stood infront of the PC but that the guys at the server farm do hardware only, not software so if it can't be fixed remotely then I'm screwed.

I do have recovery mode VNC desktop access, but it seems intermittent. The guy wan't sure that anything other than file access is possible that way.

My wee business selling electronics is looking to take a hit. I do have server backups but how do I restore to a server I can't access!!!

This is one helluva issue that the Plesk software seems to have created.....any suggestions to assist a fix appreciated.

Sickening!

Ian.

Update:
Server is now up......but http giving me:

"Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL."

Ian.

Back