• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Adding customers

RodStr

Basic Pleskian
Plesk 10.0.1 - Windows 2008 R2 x64 on VMware 4

I must be doing something wrong...

We have created one customer, and have assigned a dozen or so subscriptions to that customer. All are related and are on the same service plan. All create just fine.

Now, we want to have another customer that hosts another type of service.
So, I create the customer and step through all the steps filling out everything that must be filled out.

When I submit the customer config, the program thinks for awhile then comes back with:
"The domain does not resolve or resolves to another IP address. Please correct DNS settings."
and
"IP pool is empty"

Even though it has errors, the Customer and domain get added into the psa database.
But, NOTHING is entered into DNS and NOTHING is entered into IIS for it.

Looking through the Plesk screens for the Customer reveals that it DID NOT save the hosting plan that was selected.
Also, the IP address instead of being the standard "Shared" IP that was selected during configuration ended up
being the "Exclusive" IP that was setup for the administration access. (I know I selected SHARED during the setup).

Obviously the above is the first problem.

But another problem is created by this... because there is a mis-match between database/DNS/IIS, I cannot
remove that newly created customer. It just generates errors about "log_rotate" and "DNS row does not exist".

I found the article on here to identify the host_id and through dbclient set its htype to 'none'.
And have done that, which then allows me to REMOVE that customer.

But... I still cannot get it setup so that it enters into DNS and IIS correctly.

Help!

Rod

​If you created dns template with static ip instead of '<ip>' record you will get error "IP pool is empty". Workaround for creation new subscriptions - change back <ip> record in dns template and after creation domains with hosting change dns manually.
Domains witch were created during dns template with static ip existence can be deleted only after manual changes in database.

That works... ends up throwing the Private IP (that is shared) into the DNS zone and that needs to be manually changed to the public IP.

Thinking out loud here... any reason to not add that public IP onto the NIC as a shared IP and then just assign straight from that so that the DNS table ends up correct ? Not knowing all the other tables the IP ends up in not sure the impact that would have.

Rod

Back