• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Adding Drupal 9.x to Plesk

droshani

New Pleskian
Hi, Is there any plan to add Dupal 9.x as a installation package to next Plesk 18.32 release please?

This is not planned in version 18.0.32.
It will be added, but at the moment I can not say when exactly.

Hi Igor, do you know if there is an article or official doc from plesk with the best way to install Drupal 9 on Obsidian 18.0.33? Thank you!

Hi Igor, do you know if there is an article or official doc from plesk with the best way to install Drupal 9 on Obsidian 18.0.33? Thank you!
For Drupal 8.9.x, go to Applications menu of your domain and click Install button for Drupal:

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 10.11.55.png

There is no official documentation on how to install Drupal 9.x.

Hi,
Is there a plan to upgrade Drupal 8 to 9.30. Drupal 8 has reached his end of life and will not receive any further support.
Additionally, If I install manually Drupal 9 on a domain, will Plesk integrate it and make all the drupal 9 minor upgrades ?

Plesk would be a good idea if the Plesk team didn't always systematically interfere and block us developers and designers. What's the point of paying for a license if they're not up to date? either you discontinue Drupal or switch to the latest one. How do you pay for your services?

Plesk is clearly not interested in Drupal users because what Drupal user would sign up to Plesk today knowing that over 2 years since Drupal 9 was released Plesk still does not support Drupal 9 and instead proposes a vote to ask "shall we support Drupal 9?"

Plesk is clearly not interested in Drupal users because what Drupal user would sign up to Plesk today knowing that over 2 years since Drupal 9 was released Plesk still does not support Drupal 9 and instead proposes a vote to ask "shall we support Drupal 9?"

There is not enough demand for this feature, with only three votes as we speak.
Why not try to install it yourself or use another application provider that is specialized in this, like installatron.com. It works perfectly with Plesk, and they support Drupal v9.4.3

As a final user on a shared hosted server, I can't install applications for myself. I will ask the owner but will installatron make all the minor upgrades after installation ?

There is a very good option within plesk if you want to be able to install and manage Drupal 9. I have been testing it for a couple of months and it works really well. All you need to do is get the Softaculous Extension in Plesk. It cost $10 per year but it is well worth it. Drupal 9 installs and updates work flawlessly. Check it out.

Back