1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Adding email address with apostrophe

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by VigneshK, Aug 7, 2011.

1. VigneshK

VigneshK Guest

Hi,

One of our client wants a redirection set up to his email account hosted in Plesk 9.5.4

For example, abc@mydomain.com emails are redirected to a.b'cd@hisdomain.com

I understand its simple to set up a redirection but when I input my clients email address (with an apostrophe) it throws up a warning message "Re direct email address is not valid". I removed the apostrophe and tested, it works. So clearly 'apostrophe' is the issue.

Even tried a "\" before the apostrophe but no luck. Used some tools to check if the email is a valid one and "Yes" it is. We've been receiving emails from that address at regular intervals.

Any ideas? Thnx

2. VigneshK

VigneshK Guest

Any assistance here would be great? Please let me know if you need more information. Thnx.

3. Alexey.Plotnitsky

Alexey.Plotnitsky Regular Pleskian

55%
    Since Plesk 11.5, which is in preview stage now,

Panel users can use the apostrophe (') symbol in mailbox names.

The download links are in Plesk 11.5 Preview thread
    We don't have ETA for 11.5 yet.