• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Adding NS settings for my domain seems to not work

tomtom1985

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I added a new domain to plesk and also configured the NS:

29682051ii.jpg

I then updated the settings and wanted to add ns1.xxxxxxx.de and ns2.xxxxxxx.de to my domain registrar to update the NS settings. However it just keep saying "NS not found" - do I have to wait more or did something else wrong?
The IP I entered is my server's IP.

Thanks in advance,
TomTom

Hi tomtom1985,

In registrar' settings, do you set "ns1.xxxxxxx.de" and "ns1.xxxxxxx.de" for domain "xxxxxxx.de"? Do you set only domain without IP-address?

If yes, this do not work so, you should set and domain-name and ip-address for each NS-server.
If no, we need more details for investigate.

Actually I just have to add the the NS, not any IP address.

Some background information for my issue: I wanted to add the domain to cloudflare. Cloudflare however says, that the domain is not yet registered, because it is not connected yet. Another way I could think of would be to add the domain at an external DNS provider to firstly let the domain be correctly connected and then try to add it at cloudflare again, then change DNS at my registrar to CF's NS.

Hi tomtom1985,

so let us get this straight, pls. HAVE you already registered the domain, or not? If yes, then your domain provider should certainly have a Control Panel, where you are able to setup DNS - entries. You are then as well able to setup your rented server and the corresponding IP(s) as different nameserver - settings ove ther Control Panel of your domain registrar. But ( !! ) if you didn't register the domain somewhere with an official domain registrar, then you can't just take a domain - name of your choice, which will certainly always result in a message like => "Domain is not yet registered". :rolleyes:

Yes, the domain is registered already. I now managed it to get NS to the domain. The website I am managing my domains with (they do also have a domain robot to register domains) is offering their own NS. I took those to update my domain with them. It was working. Afterwards I added the domain in Cloudflare and then again changed the NS on that company's website with CF's NS.. seems to work now.

Back