• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Admin-Login: Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost'

hassi2k7

New Pleskian
hi there,

i updated my plesk 9 to the current plesk10 release. all services are running correctly and my websites are all online - perfect, so far

but if i try to login into the plesk panel (with the admin user) i recieve this error:

Operation failed

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: aps_php.php:8020
aps_controller_registry_getpackage(resource, string '')
1: aps_php.php:8020
APS_Controller_Registry->getPackage(NULL null)
2: Config.php:26
HelpDesk_Config::getHelpDeskInstances()
3: NavigationContext.php:356
NavigationContext->_fetchHelpDeskSectionNodes(object of type UserAdmin)
4: NavigationContext.php:210
NavigationContext->fetchCustomButtonsSectionNodes(object of type UserAdmin)
5: NavigationContext.php:75
NavigationContext->fetchSection(object of type UserAdmin, string 'custom_buttons', array)
6: NavigationContext.php:416
NavigationContext->get(object of type UserAdmin)
7: Navigation.php:100
Navigation->getUserContextList(object of type UserAdmin)
8: Navigation.php:118
Navigation->getRoot(object of type UserAdmin)
9: Navigation.php:362
Navigation->buildPathbar(string '/license.php3', NULL null, object of type UserAdmin, string 'dashboard')
10: Navigation.php:353
Navigation->getPathbar(NULL null)
11: Navigation.php:149
Navigation->detectCurrentUpLevelURI()
12: Abstract.php:306
Form_Abstract->_getUpLevelLink()
13: Abstract.php:315
Form_Abstract->renderPathbarButton(object of type Navigation, NULL null)
14: Form.php:111
Form->assign()
15: license.php3:75

How can i solve the problem?

thanks for help

best regards

thank you for your reply.
i resetted the admin password with the command in your link. but if i try to login with 'admin' i get the same error as before "Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost'"

what should i do?

Perhaps you have incorrect password for aspc user. Check it with following steps:

1. Find password with following SQL command:

"%plesk_bin%\dbclient" --direct-sql --sql="select * from misc where param like '%aps%'"
You will see something like

param val

aps_database apsc

aps_host 127.0.0.1

aps_login apsc

aps_password XXXXXXXXX

aps_port 8306

2. Check that password is correct:
"%plesk_dir%\MySQL\bin\mysql" -uapsc -pXXXXXXXXX -P 8306

thanks for help. the password seems to be wrong "Access denied" (or maybe the user doesnt exist anymore?)

how can i solve this problem?

What sort of engine for psa database? MSSQL or MySQL?

Looks like database of APS controller was not created during upgrade procedure for some reasons. I suggest you contact Support Team. They will correctly create this database for you and fix this issue.

okay, thank you for your help. but to contact the support i have to register an licence-key.

i think that the keys are displayed in the plesk admin panel (but i cant login into that, cause of my problem)

i have no idea how to find the licence-key - what i have to do now?

thank you again :)

hm, no idea what you mean. its a screenshot of the plesk panel. and i cant login into it. so i have no chance to get this screen on my machine.. or whats the idea?

i was able to find out my plesk licence-key. but if i enter it on the support-form, i get this error:
Our records indicate that your license belongs to one of Parallels Partners/Resellers. As such, they are your first point of contact for support and general inquiry.

The problem is, thats the licence is from 1&1 company, but they dont offer support for root servers, so i cant contact them for this problem.... what should i do now?

Good business modell

You can buy per-incident support.

Yes, this is a new and profitable business modell. Make a programming error and let the customer pay for support. Well done...
I have the same error when trying to get into the application fault. I want to install sitebuilder. Not because I need it, just because the Backup always ends with error on sitebuilder backup, which is not installed.

And you do not get any support from anyone. Well done.

You can submit ticket to support regarding this problem. Support guys will help you and if it is really Plesk bug you will be refunded for this ticket.

Hello

Go to mysql command prompt with port 8306 and execute below sql quries :

UPDATE `psa`.`misc` SET `val` = '1qazXSW@' WHERE `misc`.`param` = 'aps_password';
update mysql.user set password=PASSWORD('1qazXSW@') where User='apsc';

This will fix your issue

Thanks

hi there,

i updated my plesk 9 to the current plesk10 release. all services are running correctly and my websites are all online - perfect, so far

but if i try to login into the plesk panel (with the admin user) i recieve this error:

Operation failed

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: aps_php.php:8020
aps_controller_registry_getpackage(resource, string '')
1: aps_php.php:8020
APS_Controller_Registry->getPackage(NULL null)
2: Config.php:26
HelpDesk_Config::getHelpDeskInstances()
3: NavigationContext.php:356
NavigationContext->_fetchHelpDeskSectionNodes(object of type UserAdmin)
4: NavigationContext.php:210
NavigationContext->fetchCustomButtonsSectionNodes(object of type UserAdmin)
5: NavigationContext.php:75
NavigationContext->fetchSection(object of type UserAdmin, string 'custom_buttons', array)
6: NavigationContext.php:416
NavigationContext->get(object of type UserAdmin)
7: Navigation.php:100
Navigation->getUserContextList(object of type UserAdmin)
8: Navigation.php:118
Navigation->getRoot(object of type UserAdmin)
9: Navigation.php:362
Navigation->buildPathbar(string '/license.php3', NULL null, object of type UserAdmin, string 'dashboard')
10: Navigation.php:353
Navigation->getPathbar(NULL null)
11: Navigation.php:149
Navigation->detectCurrentUpLevelURI()
12: Abstract.php:306
Form_Abstract->_getUpLevelLink()
13: Abstract.php:315
Form_Abstract->renderPathbarButton(object of type Navigation, NULL null)
14: Form.php:111
Form->assign()
15: license.php3:75

How can i solve the problem?

thanks for help

best regards

User apsc deleted

Hello

Go to mysql command prompt with port 8306 and execute below sql quries :

UPDATE `psa`.`misc` SET `val` = '1qazXSW@' WHERE `misc`.`param` = 'aps_password';
update mysql.user set password=PASSWORD('1qazXSW@') where User='apsc';

This will fix your issue

Thanks

What can I do if user apsc@localhost was deleted? Does exist a script for creating the user? In case of doing manually which permissions do I need to grant for the user?

Regards,

<Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost'

This here is just for the Fact that Google spits this page out as main result for this error

This is for Plesk 11.5 on Linux. In http://kb.parallels.com/en/117621 advice is to run mass-password-reset to fix this, because password in misc is crypted in plesk 11.5
Beware folks, this will reset all passwords! I don't wanted to do that so i followed second part for earlier Plesk versions in #117621 but with a little twist as the password must be crypted in table misc.

1. Chose a Password, set this as Plesk panel admin password
2. Got Crypted password from /etc/psa/.psa.shadow, put that in in sql table misc

update misc set val='$AES-128-CBC$and_so_on_password_hash' where param='aps_password';

3. Used plain password to set password for SQL User

update user set password=password('plainpasswordhere') where user='apsc';

4. Set Permissions ( Wasn't working without that)

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` mysql -e "grant all privileges on apsc.* to 'apsc'@'localhost' identified by '<non_encrypted_passwd>'"

5. reset admin's plesk password to old one

Worked again.

Back