• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

admin password

D

djustin78

how do i reset the admin password for sitebuilder. It won't let me log in.

I have the same prob :-(

I opened a ticket, but no answer yet

Also have the same problem. It is no password associated with any login on the server. Wierd

welcome to the club of "LOST"-Passwords ;-)
I opened a ticket to SW-Soft, but all are sleeping :)

thanks for replying. Any info you receive from sw-soft would be greatly appreciated.
Daudi

solution?

so has this issue been resolved for anyone?
if so, what was done to fix it?
step by step instructions would be greatly
appreciated. thanks for any help.

Well,

Here goes the miracle solution, at least for me it worked. Since the Passwords in Sitebuilder are encrypted, no one can just go in and replace them.

Here's a way of putting th root password back to 'sitebuilder' .

Login to mysql.
Use sitebuilder;
UPDATE sb_users SET pswd='35cafb7a7a7ea2ff' WHERE login='root';

Hope this helps.

Best Regard's

Marco

and what this password will be?

also what about the windows monster?

The password is exactly the one stated 'sitebuilder' wich is the default password when you finish the installation.

I think that for windows, it should be the same thing. You just have to go into command line in Windows and use the same Query within mysql. You may also use one of those Desktop softwares locally to connect to the Mysql and perform the changes.

Best Regard's

In case someone else has this issue in the future, we got the following from Plesk that worked for us, as the previous mysql command didn't work for us.
Code:
mysql> use sitebuilder;
mysql> UPDATE sb_users SET pswd=password('sitebuilder') WHERE 
mysql> login='root';

Back