• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Administrator Plesk keeps receving Failure Notice Mails

Webroy

Regular Pleskian
Hi Igor,

Antoher Mail problem.

The administrator email account on all my plesk server keeps on receiving failure notice mails.

Is there a possibility to turn this off?

I have tried the settings in the drweb32.ini.

The mails i keep on receving is:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at server.name.nl.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

I also did Domains --> select all --> modify ---> bounce emails to Reject.....

Some how i am getting mails , i think some domains on the server are sending emails and when the cannot deliver the admin email of plesk is getting that email.... I'd like to turn that off.

Hi Igor,

Antoher Mail problem.

The administrator email account on all my plesk server keeps on receiving failure notice mails.

Is there a possibility to turn this off?

I have tried the settings in the drweb32.ini.

The mails i keep on receving is:

I also did Domains --> select all --> modify ---> bounce emails to Reject.....

Some how i am getting mails , i think some domains on the server are sending emails and when the cannot deliver the admin email of plesk is getting that email.... I'd like to turn that off.

Exactly the same issue here ....

Igor,

Do you have a solution?

My customers are complaining about the emails after the update......

I am now running qmail remove frequently, but there must be something which has caused this after the update....

Before the update this wasnt a issue, and now al my updated servers have got that problem.

Things i have tried:

drweb32.ini Cron summary --> NO
Domains All __> Reject mail to non existing user

Mail server settings:

Relaying --> Closed

Switch on SPF protection --> Reject mail wheb resolves to fail

Switch in spam protection --> sbl.spamhaus.org;zen.spamhaus

Black list --> None

White List --> only localhost

Do you have any tips? Because i receive a lot of mails with complaints about this problem.

There are bounce mails:

Thanks in advance!

Yes,

I get this message when i run it :

Detecting installed product components.
You already have the latest version of product(s) and all selected components
installed. Installation will not continue.

This solution also does not work:

Resolution
The bounce message example:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at hostname.tld.

I tried to deliver a bounce message to this address, but the bounce bounced!

<user@sender_domain>:
192.168.1.1 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 user@sender_domain...User unknown
Giving up on 192.168.1.1.

--- Below this line is the original bounce.
Return-Path: <>
Received: (qmail 30029 invoked for bounce); 23 Aug 2006 11:34:11 +0200
Date: 23 Aug 2006 11:34:11 +0200
To: <user@sender_domain>:
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at hostname.tld.
<user@destination_domain>:
This address no longer accepts mail.

This error message means that Qmail was not able to deliver the bounce message. In another words the message was sent with user@sender_domain email address in the "From" field to inexistent mailbox user@destination_domain, and the message bounced back, but user@sender_domain mailbox also does not exist. It is recommended not to send bounce but reject mail for inexistent users, it can be set for every domain at the Domain->Mail->Preferences page in Plesk CP. To change this for multiply domains use group operations feature.

Is is possible that the REJECT option does not work correctly after the update to 9.3.0?

I am getting the same error on Plesk 9.5.3 after an upgrade from 9.5.2.

Something in the qmail configuration has change.

Could someone from plesk staff tell us what's going on ?

Thanks you

I am getting the exact same messages ... pretty sure they are a setting somewhere, bounce emails directed to the host server email account.

Any solution would be much appreciated.... thankyou.

Same problem here. Hundreds of Failure Notice Mails each day. I had to create a special gmail account to save my sanity but that forces me to miss any important emails I need to see.

Any updates Igor, this has been going on for quite some time now.

There can be different reasons of this problem. For example, do you have something like

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Jun 10 03:53:42 plesk postfix-local[21983]: Unable to stat entry '/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/10-spam-0gemCa/executable' or it is not link: No such file or directory
Jun 10 23:43:06 plesk qmail-queue-handlers[19490]: Unable to stat entry '/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/20-drweb-RT24KC/executable' or it is not link: No such file or directory

Do you have configured DrWeb or KAV there? Did you tried rebuild mailsettings with mchk?

Same problem

Here too I get the same message since update to 9.5 from 9.2
Nothing in the maillog and all bounce messages on reject.

What can be done, please

Same problem on Plesk 9.5.3.

Queue gets spammed with FAILURE NOTICES.
All domains are set to Reject.
No errors in maillog.

There HAS to be a way to check for subject before placing an email into the queue, simple check and redirect of that message to /dev/null should be pretty easy, as Plesk's REJECT doesn't work as expected!

Please advice, need this to be solved ASAP. I would expect at least SOME kind of useful response.

Regards.

Normaly Plesk Update deletes the Hostname (rDNS Name)of QMail.

Try and check under

/var/qmail/control/me

in "me"

if your hostname is correct.

In my case it was just

servername

instead of

servername.onlinehome-server.info

Once you complete your hostname, everything should run smooth again after restarting Apache and Qmail.

Hope this helps,

Thomas

Addendum to solution

Note that checking the /var/qmail/control/me file does not have to be a solution. Mostly it is part of the total solution.

The issue with the FQDN hostname also arises in the /var/qmail/control/locals file.

REMARK: somehow, previous upgrades were without this bug, they left custom FQDN unchanged. Now, various measures have to be taken.

A - Change of hostname
Take drastic measures and issue the command: hostname [FQDN-name]

That sets the hostname to a servername.domain.tld format, even in /var/qmail/control/me.

CHanging in plesk control panel (settings / hostname) also CAN (but not necessarily) works, that is: hostname is changed, but the qmail files are sometimes not.

B - Change of locals file
Use vi editor (or alike) to change the /var/qmail/control/locals file and change the hostname (on bottom of the file, often after the domains controlled with plesk).

NOTE !!! Take the following into consideration :
Changing hostname from server.domain-name-of-provider.tld to server.domain.tld (your own domain and creative name for the server), often requires that you add the server.domain-name-of-provider.tld to the locals and me qmail files.

Also note that you can change the root qmail addresses like root@..., watchdog@..., drweb@ .... etc to contain your server.domain.tld hostname. It is more easy to add them to the locals and me qmail files (so watch the failure notice in order to understand what should be added).

Als note that you should check (for certainty) after each Plesk Update. Parallels did not resolve this issue at all.

Kind regards.

Back