• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Advanced Monitoring stops displaying data after server restart

gbotica

Regular Pleskian
Hi there!

I've had this issue with Plesk Linux Onyx and now Obsidian for quite a while, but never got around to posting about it.

Everytime I restart the server the Plesk monitoring stops showing data and I often need to restart services and clear the data (which is a nuisance) in order to get it working again.

Firstly, if the server is restarted at the console just using 'reboot', is this OK with Plesk? Or is there some other routines run when you use 'restart server' from the Plesk Settings page?

Previously, with Onyx, I used this to kick-start Plesk Health Monitor and get data showing again:

Code:
    rm -rf /usr/local/psa/var/health/data/localhost/*
    systemctl stop psa-health-monitor-notificationd.service
    systemctl restart sw-collectd.service
    /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/scripts/setup-health-monitor.php
    systemctl stop sw-collectd.service
    systemctl start sw-collectd.service
    systemctl start psa-health-monitor-notificationd.service

With all my servers now on Obsidian, the above doesn't work, and neither doe just doing:

Code:
    systemctl restart sw-collectd.service

Anyone else had this issue? Any tips on getting monitoring running again after restart?

Thank you in advance for any help!!

Update:

I did a cold stop / start of collectd and grafana and it eventually started displaying data again.

In my case, the Advanced Monitoring stop to work yesterday, showing a message: {"message":"Invalid username or password"}. Sometimes, return information about non exist dashboard.
I'm installing a new server, with Ubutu 16.04.6 LTS and Plesk Obsidian 18.0.25. The result is the same. Any Idea? Tks!

Back