• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated and is no longer available for installation on the current Plesk release (18.0.63).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, the extension will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan and the deprecation FAQ.

Issue Advice on some odd issues/Cronjobs Disappearing

Ither

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.63_build1800240816.11 os_CentOS 7
Hello,
I'm not sure when this started but I've noticed here lately that my Cronjobs seem to get wiped when I restore a file from backup. I don't recall this being a problem in the past so I'm not sure what I can do that won't cause impacts to my servers.

I've also noticed that I no longer have sub domain cronjob's; whenever I go to a sub domain, scheduled tasks, it takes me to the root domain's view. That's very new because I used to have jobs scheduled at the sub level.

Lastly, I've also noticed that I don't seem to get indicators in /var/log/cron that these are running. I have one job that runs every minute and it's littered in my log, but my other jobs never show up. Even if I go and manually run them in the Plesk UI, they successfully run, do what they are supposed to, and the log still is blank.

All these jobs in question are php files I'm running with -f command (including the one that goes off every minute and I see it in the log.) Nothing new, this has been in place for 4 years and never had these issues until here recently.

I was thinking about maybe trying to run a Plesk repair?
Any tips on what I should look at?

TY in advance!

Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition
Version 18.0.63 Update #2

The scheduled tasks in Plesk are not logged in /var/log/cron but in /var/log/plesk/task-manager.log.
This is a common misunderstanding but I hope this clarifies your issue.

This is an overview of all Plesk-related log files:
Thank you, but it appears this log isn't actually showing me my custom CRON jobs. It's just a bunch of plesk scripts -- I've ran a few of these jobs, including the 1 I have that runs every minute and they're not in this log.

Hello, @Ither. The backup restoration process will restore cron jobs as they were at the moment of the backup creation. Hence, if those cron jobs were not present at the time of the backup creation it is normal for them to be wiped out. If the cron jobs were already created at this point, I would suggest opening a support ticket to our team so they can investigate what could be triggering such a behavior on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com. If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Hello, @Ither. The backup restoration process will restore cron jobs as they were at the moment of the backup creation. Hence, if those cron jobs were not present at the time of the backup creation it is normal for them to be wiped out. If the cron jobs were already created at this point, I would suggest opening a support ticket to our team so they can investigate what could be triggering such a behavior on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to https://support.plesk.com. If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk
TY, I'll get a ticket open.
These jobs have been in place for over 4 years and it wasn't until here recently this became a problem.

Any update on this? I've ran into the exact same issue. All cronjobs / scheduled tasks disappeared after restoring a single file from a backup.

Hello, everyone. Thank you for reporting the issue. Upon restoring files/folders rather than configuration, the cron jobs should not be automatically removed. Our team confirmed this behavior as a bug with ID PPPM-14531. That issue will be corrected in one of the upcoming releases. In the meantime, the only alternative we can suggest is to back up the cron jobs prior to restoring any website files/folders. We understand that's not ideal and our team is doing its best to release a fix as soon as possible.

Hello, everyone. Thank you for reporting the issue. Upon restoring files/folders rather than configuration, the cron jobs should not be automatically removed. Our team confirmed this behavior as a bug with ID PPPM-14531. That issue will be corrected in one of the upcoming releases. In the meantime, the only alternative we can suggest is to back up the cron jobs prior to restoring any website files/folders. We understand that's not ideal and our team is doing its best to release a fix as soon as possible.
TY so much! I had got busy with work and didn't get a chance to put a ticket in.
This explains why it suddenly started happening. Definitely got introduced in an update. Glad to hear you all found it and will fix it.

Appreciate y'all!

Back