• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Scheduled Task stopped working. Does run manually.

boeieruurd

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.55_build1800230907.05 os_Ubuntu 22.04
Hello Pleskians,

I've had a cron job running through the plesk task scheduler and it was working fine for about 8 days with no issues.
The cron job runs a php script that fills up a database, and i noticed it stopped filling at some point.

I can see the cron job run in the logs, at the specified time, the job get's executed, however the database was still not getting filled.
I thought about there was maybe something wrong with the script or the database, but the funny part is that it runs just fine when i click "run now" from within the task scheduler.

So the script or the database is not the issue, since i can run it just fine when clicking "run now".

Does anyone have a idea on what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Have a look at the (php/apache/nginx) error logs to see if there are any errors in your script at the time of the cron job.

Have a look at the (php/apache/nginx) error logs to see if there are any errors in your script at the time of the cron job.
I've checked the logs at all the times, there is nothing there. I do see the cron job opening a session, executing and closing the session at the right intervals.

Last night, the script ran 13 times, and it only filled the database 3 times. I'm not sure what's wrong. Every time i run the script manually, it always succeeds. It has not ever failed me when running manually.

Did you manage to solve this? I'm having the same problem.

Cron job has been working fine for a long time, cron job fails or ends incomplete and manually execution works perfectly.

Back