• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved After 7.5.3#24 update, webmail not Let's Encrypted

G J Piper

Regular Pleskian
After I updated my server to MU#24 this morning I noticed the webmail (roundcube) interface for the server was no longer protected correctly.

The root domain IS still protected by the cert, but the "webmail" encryption is no longer part of the cert! I went into the "Lets Encrypt" settings for the domain and the checkbox next to "Secure webmail on this domain" was no longer checked. I put a check in the box but it gave me the following error instead of activating the webmail SSL:

Screen-Shot-2017-10-02-at-8.03.32-AM.jpg

I went in to the "SSL/TLS Certificates" section of the same domain and it shows the cert and even says "Used for securing webmail" right next to it!

Also the "www" was not checked after this update either, but it did successfully manually renew to add that back in -- just not the webmail.

If you specify a log file I should view maybe I can post a snippet of the relevant Lets Encrypt log.
Please help. This was all working yesterday.

Maybe I need to file this as a bug?

(See my signature below for my setup)

Last edited:
Ok I have found my problem... a month ago I added this to my server:

In this file: /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/roundcube.htaccess.inc

I have this, to make sure roundcube is always in SSL mode:

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^webmail\.mydomain\.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://webmail.mydomain.com [L,R=301]

It was also redirecting the Lets Encrypt domain verification as well. Apparently they check on a non SSL channel when they do their checks??

SO after commenting it out, I was able to renew the webmail cert successfully.

I have now added this to the rewrite, to fix this for the future:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^.well-known/acme-challenge

Last edited:
Back