• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After 8.01 Latest Update - crontab editor no longer works

madadam

Basic Pleskian
Trying to edit a cron job and apply changes, results in the following error:

ERROR: PleskFatalException

Crontab->export() failed: crontabmng failed: crontabmng syntax: get <username> to show crontab of <username> set <username> <filename> to set crontab of <username> from <filename> allow <username> to allow crontab of <username> deny <username> to deny crontab of <username> remove <username> to remove crontab of <username> rename <username> <newusername> to rename crontab of <username> to <newusername> System error: crontab execution error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/common_func.php3:174
psaerror(string 'Crontab->export() failed: crontabmng failed: crontabmng syntax: get <username> to show crontab of <username> set <username> <filename> to set crontab of <username> from <filename> allow <username> to allow crontab of <username> deny <username> to deny crontab of <username> remove <username> to remove crontab of <username> rename <username> <newusername> to rename crontab of <username> to <newusername> System error: crontab execution error')
1: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/sysuser/crontab_edit.php:122

The changes are not saved. Has anyone successfully used the cron editor since the update?

FC4 / Intel P4.

i found a solution, i kick off this buggy Fedora and use Centos instead.

Fedora is too unstable to works with, Centos is better, based on RHEL, more and more stable.

On Centos, cron works :)

I'm happy for you that CentOS works, but I don't have the option to change Linux distribution every time Plesk is updated!

It worked fine with the first release of Plesk 8.0.1 under FC4, after the latest Plesk 8.0.1 update it seems that something was broken.

Can anyone offer any sensible suggestions?

You ask the support about this problem ? perhaps they have a solution.

Hum ... lol .... i do a test and do a new uptodate install of Plesk 8.0.1 on Centos 4.3 and i have the same bug :s

I have another centos server not updated and don't have the problem.

watchdog module seems to be affected to.

I did - their response was "we cannot reproduce this here", hence my question - is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Perhaps I am on my own, but my hope is that if there are enough users with the same issue, it would convince SWSoft that there is a real issue...

i am thinking about switch to virtualmin pro, perhaps it is the time for me. Since 4 years, swsoft add new bugs and take too long time to fix old them. The avantage of virtualmin is that it don't customise the system and if necessary, it is possible to edit config files manualy.

I still this problem on my system.

Is there any reason for this known by somebody.

I got this with Plesk 8.0.1 on a Suse Linux 9.3

Any help is welcome.
Best regards
René Gregor

And my motto is, never be the first one in line...for new versions... That goes with anything. Then test the hell out of it. :)

-Bill

Hi Bill,
that's right, but now it's too late...

Best Regards;)
René

Keep in mind, it's only because I've done the exact opposite one too many times. :)

-Bill

Did anybody ever find a solution for this? I am experiencing the same problem on RHEL4 Plesk 8.1.0

I can setup cron jobs manually, just not through the panel...

Back