• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved After deleting a domain, ping from inside goes to old server

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 9.13
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I deleted yesterday a domain form one of my servers (here in the ping OLD_SERVER) (Plesk Obsidian) and migrate to another server. But if I do a ping from one of my servers to this domain, the ping goes to the server that the domain was deleted instead to the new location:

user@server:~$ ping domain.com

PING domain.com (OLD_IP) 56(84) bytes of data.

64 bytes from OLD_SERVER (OLD_IP): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.168 ms

64 bytes from OLD_SERVER (OLD_IP): icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.195 ms

64 bytes from OLD_SERVER (OLD_IP): icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.149 ms

64 bytes from OLD_SERVER (OLD_IP): icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.213 ms

64 bytes from OLD_SERVER (OLD_IP): icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=0.154 ms

So it seems is not deleted, but in the control panel domain.com does not exist. And if you do a ping from outside the IP is the correct no the old one.

How can I fix this?

Hi,

I checked the DNS configuration of the domain in the new server and nothing point to the old server. Also if you do a ping from outside all is correct. The problem is when you ping the domain from a server inside our network, so, in example, the mails sending form a server inside our network are returned (not from outside)

Back