• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After reinstalling MTA / postfix plesk crashed?

tajt02

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

after reinstalling the mta / postfix / smtp (because I couldn't send mails) my plesk is crashed.

I wanted to log in as admin but it doesn't accept my PW. Now with root and then it wants me to accept the license. o_O

Now I copy all my /var/www/vhosts/ maybe when I do the setup steps in plesk it will overwrite all my website content... I hope not all plesk settings are away.

Why I pay every month money for a license? The trouble and work I have with Plesk..

Why this happened?

Thanks.

All is away! All plesk settings away!

And errors! Error here error there... Now I can reinstall all the server

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you've deinstalled Plesk and then installed it back. FYI: there should be dumps of Plesk DB in /var/lib/psa/dumps, if memory serves me right. Restoring one of them might help you.

No I haven't deinstalled Plesk! I wanted to reinstall postfix and imap ... Then all my plesk settings were gone away. I had to set up it again. But nothing worked: Error, error, error. This username would already exist, this webspace could not be load, this is broken, ...

Now I wanted to remove plesk completely. I tried the uninstall script which come from parallels, I tried to remove all things manually by a manual from parallels, but when I tried to reinstall plesk manually it aborted with errors.

Thanks for your help, there are some files! What are that for files? I will save one of them: mysql.daily.dump.1.gz

Now I copy my gigabytes of webdata to another server and tomorrow I need to reinstall the whole server. Then I can directly reinstall the server with preinstalled plesk.

****!

Now I reinstalled all and my configured my plesk again.

But: Before the crash and the reinstall I had a configuration which was very nice. I could enter http://142.4.xx.xx/my-website/hello.html and I saw the content. I only had 1 webspace with 1 domain configured in plesk, and this domain was not assigned to this IP/server, but to another server.

Now I have entered that domain again as domain for my webspace, the domain is still assigned to another server IP but when I now access http://142.4.xx.xx/my-website/hello.html I only see 404 Not Found. When I enter only the IP without /my-website.. I see the Web Server's Default Page.

I don't know if I had forgotten a setting which I made earlier. But this is my test server and I want to access the webcontent under the IP address and not under a running domain. When the website is ready created I will assign the domain to this server and then the website is accessable through the domain, and should not be longer available under the hostname or IP of the server.

How do I get this???

Back