• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved After upgrade to MariaDB 10.6 (from 10.5) Backup results in error

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.44
After upgrade from MariaDB 10.5 to 10.6 the Plesk-Backup does not get access to the DB. It shows the following error message:

Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mysqldump: Exit code: 2: WARNING: Forcing protocol to TCP due to option specification. Please explicitly state intended protocol. mysqldump: Got error: 1045: "Access denied for user 'admin'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)" when trying to connect

I followed already a related post:

but without success.

Is there any idea how to solve this?

I found a solution but I am not sure how good it is. I checked the existig user in my DB and found admin@localhost . Obviously this should be sufficient to get access as user admin at 107.0.0.1 but it did not. So I created a 2nd user [email protected] - both with same passwords and now the backup works again.

If somebody has an idea for a seperate solution so I could get rid of one of the 2 admin-accounts I would be glad to hear.

The comment by mow finally helped. I found two entries in the jungle of all relevant conf-files for MariaDB where I only tested one with on/off i.e. without leading # and with #. Now I tested to get rid of both entries skip-name-resolve, dropped the 2nd user [email protected] again and ... everything works without problems.

So the issue is solved!

Back