• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

aint it time for a most wanted features for 8.2 ?

Originally posted by CSN-Carl

2. MySQL 5 support, give clients the ability to choose which version they want to use when create a MySQL DB.

Already there, but you have to use External Databases (as you should since running two version of mysql on the sameserver isn't smart, but could be done and integrated in Plesk with minimal admin knowledge).

Originally posted by CSN-Carl

3. Resellers - rather than have "Clients" why not have Clients for Shared Hosting and also "Resellers" giving resellers the ability to create client accounts rather than domain administrators.
Cheers,
Carl :)

Expect this around Version 9. At least that is the rumor.

and another thing

Just thought of another one:

- the filemanager should be able to extract uploaded zip/tar.gz/tar.bz2 files. Problem with these is for things like forums and blogs and stuff, when uploading these files by ftp separately, the ftp overhead is actually greater than the files!

agreed on Postfix support,

Sw-Soft please Dump QMail or at least give us an option for the MTA!

I think of all the suggested things, suPHP is the most important and absolutely MUST be added in the next significant release.

Faris.

damn, looks like postfix is going to be included only in plesk 9.0, which is going to be released not before april 2008 :(
i'm still going to install 8.2 because of debian 4.0 support, but other than that I'm not excited at all about the "new" features...
sigh... sob...
hal :(

Seriously...

suPHP

forget about doing any other developement. How can any dynamic website function with new files owned by apache. Joomla, Mambo, cmsMadeSimple,.... blah blah blah... every one of them....

suPHP, pleeeeease swsoft!, we need it, its a must!. i vote for suPHP on version 8.2, pleeeease!.

Having PHP run as the user for the domain would be the most needed thing I can think of. So suPHP or some alternative that does the same thing, would make life with Plesk much easier.

I can't tell you how many times I have needed to reset permissions on a site for clients because a php upload script saves the files with user apache.

For those who concern on mod_suPHP, Power Toys now modify the vhost.conf propeerly and also add a small php.ini into user httpdocs.
Also we detect in new version (4.3.0) if you have mod_suPHP enabled and then we add to skeleton (if you wish), this will help you to not enable to all domains, it will be enbled by default. Working well on some tested servers, especially Joomla guys love this feature :)

Plesk is perfect now...we don't need new features

only kidding ;-)

* -Rt0 by default is a good idea. It's annoying to also have to type it in after every change.

* Ability to set common PHP options in GUI that can currently only be set by administrator using vhost.conf

* Template system can can be applied to existing sites - I believe they are working on such a feature for Expand but having this in Plesk itself will be a bonus. I don't think anyone has such a system.

* Multiple administrators in Linux version..this already exists in Windows version

* Administrator backup to FTP from command line option with e-mail reporting. Backup is such an important part of our daily lives.

* More QMail configurable parameters to set queue expiry, postmaster address, etc.

* QMail multilog. PLEASE. That way we can use fancy graphs on the Internet to monitor our mail system

* Much better pricing for Acronis :)

that's all for now.

I will second the -Rt0 to the END!!!!!!

Back