• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

aint it time for a most wanted features for 8.2 ?

thanks

I would prefer that when making a database that we can actually see some more settings like collations etc.

My 2 pence

Originally posted by PE-Steve
It'd be nice to see a non-proprietary backup/restore system.

Backup files should be extractable for users. (ie: web, databases, email, plesk setting file, etc) are separate.

I motion this. Plesk backups sucks. What if a user only wants to restore emails?

Also if you have the whole server dump in a file that is very dangerous, at least with plesk, since you can see what happens if if that file fails to restore. You are screwed and all data is on that dump file. It never happend to me but i see tons of people that had problems. I also had problems with individual backups so i dont want to imagine the whole server.

And the second most requested feature would be AvClam antivirus. Why does plesk wants us to pay Dr.Web which sucks?
Most control panels have Open Source software tightly integrated. If Sw Soft wants to sell something ok, but give the option to use the free open source solution as well, if you think Dr.Web or the paid really is better then users will pay for it, but forcing users to pay just tells you how poor Dr.Web or Sitebuilder or any other paid soft is. They would not force you to buy it if it would be better then the Open Source solutions outhere. They just dont want to compete.

As for what things to add on the future, Sw Soft doesnt have to be a genius. Just look at 4PSA, they have such great addons, some of them should be default like Cpanel has !!!! Like the backup or Stats solution or system admin solution. Plesk has released new version that practically doesnt have anything new except the bugs. The major change i saw so far was from 6.0 to Reloaded. Not to mention that every update is a nightmare. The last one cost me 2 weeks downtime of control panel and finally 75$ paid ticket for SW Soft to upgrade it. A shame for a 1200$ software.

I've seen quite a lot nice suggestions, but the only thing I'm looking for myself is Debian 4.0 (with PHP5/Mysql5) support, Plesk is complete enough for me already - if it runs...

I would like to see the following added:

1) Configurable common login area for plesk & webmail. Also being able to change the login page text would be good.
2) Ability to alter the email address in the zone files. At the moment plesk gets this from the client's master login and some do not want this published.
3) Sendmail support instead of Qmail.
4) Ability to edit Domain Alias DNS added/returned.
5) Ability to have MySQL4 and 5 supported on the one server.
6) Ability to selectively restore elements of a clients hosting account such as just the email from the master backup.

* RHEL5/Centos 5 Support
* Postfix instead of Qmail

Just the obvious ones really..

- Multi admin support
- Multiple FTP accounts /domain configurable at directory level

I second adding support for Plone.

Other than that, I would like to be able to specify a client to be able to use different database servers. Such as clients who need MySQL 5 can add databases on mysql5, but the default would be localhost for other users.

yes, yes, yes and agreed.

Can we get a time frame from a SWSoft Rep on some of these?

Also one vote for multiple ftp accounts.
Configurable stats updates

1) PHP as CGI
2) PHP as CGI
3) PHP as CGI
5) PHP as CGI
6) PHP as CGI
7) PHP as CGI
8) PHP as CGI

Originally posted by knocx
1) PHP as CGI
2) PHP as CGI
3) PHP as CGI
5) PHP as CGI
6) PHP as CGI
7) PHP as CGI
8) PHP as CGI

suPHP would pretty much do the same thing, with less quirky **** going on. PHP as a CGI is good to shrink the size of your apache memory footprint though.

1) Multiple FTP accounts per domain with ability to specify ftp root directory on Unix (already possible on Windows).

2) Previous month views for stats on Unix (already possibly on Windows).

3) Per domain PHP version selection on Unix (already possible on Windows).

4) Full removal of Plesk advertisting

5) Ability to select a desktop preset per client after account creation on Windows (already possible on Unix).

6) Desktop support for FTP accounts management on Windows (you can only manage additional FTP accounts via the standard interface currently).

7) Skeleton directory support for web users.

8) Ability for client to view folders & files belonging to their web users (currently only the web user can view their own folders & files on Unix).

9) Per domain mysql version selection.

DNS templates ...

DNS templates for example to use with Google Apps, etc

Best regards
Joao Correia

yeah... suPHP isnt that difficult to install with the exception of one crucial thing: you can add a vhost.conf file to add extra entries for virtual hosts, but how about being able to modify zz010_psa_httpd.conf without it being overwritten

Even better, how about having a template for stuff like http.include or zz010_psa_httpd.conf so when it rewrites it, it does it with your modifications? Also, the ability to set a default httpd.include would be good instead of having to add vhost.conf to every client. so to sumarize:

* the ability to apply templates to zz010_psa_httpd.conf
*the ability to apply templates to httpd.include for the whole server so changes dont need to be applied to each client separately

My wishlist...

1. Ability for clients to choose which PHP version they wish to use from inside Plesk i.e. 4 or 5

2. MySQL 5 support, give clients the ability to choose which version they want to use when create a MySQL DB.

3. Resellers - rather than have "Clients" why not have Clients for Shared Hosting and also "Resellers" giving resellers the ability to create client accounts rather than domain administrators.

4. Multiple admin account support

5. Ability to remove Plesk news globally is a *must*.

Cheers,
Carl :)

I like to be able to 'browse' through the backups created
by users and to be able to extract individual files easy from
within the control panel.

Please consider adding:
- Aliases to subdomains

e.g. My (consulting) customer is hosting example.com. They have subdomain usa.example.com. They would like aliases us.example.com, www.usa.example.com, and www.us.example.com to point to the SUBDOMAIN usa.example.com without creating a domain for usa.example.com, because their hosting package only allows one domain, but unlimited subdomains & aliases. Certainly, the www alias for a subdomain is a common request.

Back