• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All backups fail in Plesk 9.2.1

H

Hans Jeske

Hello,
I'm from germany so please excuse my bad English. I got a problem with Plesk backup in version 9.2.1:
everytime I start a backup the backup is left as "failed" because of the following error:

<object name="domain.net" type="domain">
<message severity="warning" code="msgtext">Error during getting information about spam filter for [email protected]</message>
</object>

The message and error only occurs when I try to backup email as well.
I haven't installed SpamAssasin and haven't installed Dr. Web - the only thing I use with spam filtering is Greylisting.

Because of this "failing" backup PLESK duplicates the backup files one on the local repository and one on my remote FTP - this ends up in filling the disk until nothing works anymore.

Please help!

Regards from Germany

Hi Hans

Please try to rebuild domains configuration with
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

After that try backup again.

I have this same issue in Plesk 9.2.3. I don't have the spamassassin addon installed, but I still get errors regarding spam filter configuration in backups.

I have tried the mchk command, and it doesn't help.

We have already submitted bug regarding this problem and bug still under developer's investigation. The problem in that there is following select from empty 'spamfilter' table:
SELECT id, preferences, reject_spam FROM spamfilter WHERE username = '[email protected]'

Hello,

is there any solution available right now?
I've got the same error, since a few months due to using another spamfilter.

Best regards

Uli Dörsam
+ werk-statt +

Unfortunately we haven't any workarounds now for fixing this issue. Bug still under investigation and I have requested any additional information and possible solution from developers. I will update thread with any useful information as soon as I receive it.

Hello.

There is a solution for this issue today?

Thanks.

John Martin

Bug still under developers investigation with high priority. I hope it will be fixed in the next Plesk release.

You can avoid this problem by inserting values for the affected e-mail accounts.
Something like:

INSERT INTO spamfilter (username,preferences,reject_spam) VALUES ('[email protected]','true','false');

You have to repeat this each time, after adding an e-mail account! Please remind that this isn't a proper fix for the problem. It only fixes the error message while backuping your system.

Best Regards,
Benjamin

Last edited:
According to developers this bug was completely fixed for upcoming Plesk 10.2 version.

Is not repaired at all!
The repair works only if SpamAssassin is installed, otherwise the bug is still there.
For the record, SpamAssassin is not installed by default and maybe we did not want to use this gas plant ...

i have the same problem and im on 10.2 version with plesk premmium av.... what i can do ?

This bug appears for us as well on Plesk 10.2 without SpamAssasin or antivirus. This is highly annoying, as the backups currently complete without vhost information.

Is this bug fixed allready?
I don't have plesk spamassasin installed and get alot of these warnings

Same issue here, however in my case it was only one email address and I "fixed" it as followed:

1. Go to the corresponding domain settings and choose email.

2. select the email address mentioned in the error log.

3. go to "spamfilter"-tab

4. Activate spam filter for this email and save your settings.

5. Now deactivate the spam filter options again (the missing entry will now be written into the psa DB)

... done...

Back