• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue All Server Components are Not Installed and Not Configured

Max.Carrasco

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.60_build1800240421.18 os_CentOS 7

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2643 v4 @ 3.40GHz (6 core(s))​

Version: Plesk Obsidian v18.0.60_build1800240421.18 os_CentOS 7​

Operating System: CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)​

Issue: All Server Components are Not Installed and Not Configured

I have been wondering what could have just happened to my Plesk Server, All Server Components we're totally Gone (Not Installed and Not Configured) though some services such as logging in to webmail (round cube) sending emails, receiving emails, and websites are up and working just fine.

However some features on the backend such as Mail Management, and other stuffs regarding the management of the server is missing, Mail Management in Domain is also missing in the features, There is probably wrong with the Installation of the previous update, I can't also update the Plesk Server to hopefully fix the issues, There is a lot going on that I cannot understand, I hope somebody can help me figure this out.

The only thing I remember that I did is: Deleted the old Backup, and Created a New Backup and lastly Downloaded the newly created backup to my local machine as I practice my backup procedures.

Please refer to the attached screenshots for your reference.

Attachments

• BACKUP-MANAGER-1.PNG
    BACKUP-MANAGER-1.PNG
    186.8 KB · Views: 10
  • BACKUP-MANAGER-2.PNG
    BACKUP-MANAGER-2.PNG
    61 KB · Views: 10
  • Missing-Mail-Management.PNG
    Missing-Mail-Management.PNG
    141.4 KB · Views: 9
  • PLESK-UPDATE-ERROR.PNG
    PLESK-UPDATE-ERROR.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 9
  • SERVICES-NOT-INSTALLED.PNG
    SERVICES-NOT-INSTALLED.PNG
    53 KB · Views: 8
Try to run an installation repair via Tools & Settings > Diagnonse & Repair or via command line with command plesk repair installation.

Hi Kaspar,

Thank you for your Response, I appreciate It, Yes English Isn't my native language pardon me If I'm bad at it,
Unfortunately DeepL doesn't support "Filipino - Philippines" Language to Translate.

Moving forward, I have tried running command "plesk repair installation", and this is the result after it finished:

1714167838234.png
The problem still persist, and when I tried hitting the Repair button on "Diagnose & Repair" for Plesk Installation It throws me this error:
PLESK-REPAIR-INSTALLATION-1.png
Also File System have errors:
FILE-SYSTEM-ERROR-1.PNG
FILE-SYSTEM-ERROR-2.PNG
I don't know If something crashes on the backend of the server that leads these Server Components to act this way, It says Not Installed nor Not Configured but some of those services are working such as Email, I'm also missing some Management Features here such as "MAIL".
1714168011265.png

It seems that the operating system itself has incorrect permissions. This is something that Plesk cannot fix. I believe it is best to reinstall the server from scratch, especially the OS. I doubt that it is possible to obtain a clean installation state on your current system given the log excerpts shown above. Probably permissions were accidentally changed, and they seem to have affected lots of directories. So better reinstall and restore the content from a backup.

It seems that the operating system itself has incorrect permissions. This is something that Plesk cannot fix. I believe it is best to reinstall the server from scratch, especially the OS. I doubt that it is possible to obtain a clean installation state on your current system given the log excerpts shown above. Probably permissions were accidentally changed, and they seem to have affected lots of directories. So better reinstall and restore the content from a backup.
File System Permissions was fixed by "Diagnose & Repair", but the issues such as missing "Mail Management", "Domain Mail Management", and "Server Components" are still problematic as of this time.

1714227336074.png
1714227382626.png
39 Items in Total in Server Components was not Installed
1714227421167.png

I would highly recommend contacting Plesk support for help. Since you are still having issues even trough the repair options on "Diagnose & Repair" indicates that there are no more issue to repair.

To sign-in to support and create a support request please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

I would highly recommend contacting Plesk support for help. Since you are still having issues even trough the repair options on "Diagnose & Repair" indicates that there are no more issue to repair.

To sign-in to support and create a support request please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-
Hi Kaspar,

I have bought this Plesk License + Service from a Hosting Provider "Hostway/SolVPS", I submitted a ticket to them and replied x3 to the same thread however they are unresponsive and no feedbacks/replies yet as of this moment.

Back