• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All Subdomains Redirecting to webmail

R

rabrowne

I have the problem with my server configuration, in that any Subdomain, that has been created purely in the DNS records displays my webmail application. This includes Subdomains that don't have an entry in the DNS also I.e. ascinasfn.example.com will display the webmail application.

This is causing some issue as I'm trying to configure a Subdomain that points to my home network, so I have created a new A record in the DNS for home.example.com and given my fixed ip address. However, I put home.example.com into the address bar and I get the webmail.

If I have created a Subdomain that points to a sub folder within my http docs folder, this works perfectly fine.

Can anyone help me out with the configuration as I'm not able to find any information about this issue or how to solve it? For your information I'm using roundcubemail as my webmail application and using plesk 10.3.1.

If you need any config files detailing, I'd be more than happy to provide these, just let me know what you need and I will get them.

Many thanks in advance,
Richard.

DNS records

If you have the opportunity, go into your DNS records and hit the button that says turn off DNS records. Do this at night and dump your current configuration. Then reload a new configuration by turning it back on after you count to twenty and breath deep.

As you have pointed out all your records are pointing to your webmail.domain.tld. This is a problem unless you wish to go into your PSA records and rewrite your host.conf file

it is much easier to let the computer erase and rebuild them

Many thanks for the idea Chris, but unfortunately it didn't help.

I've been checking through all the config files that I can lay my hands on and as far as I can tell there is nothing in the system that would be doing this. I've checked the bind files to make sure that the DNS settings are being correctly stored; I've been checking the vhosts files to see if there's anything in there that could be causing this issue. I've also checked the root config files and these don't seem to have any settings that would indicate that the server would act in the way it is presently.

It's almost like there's a setting somewhere that says: *.example.com > show webmail that is of course unless there is a vhost entry for the subdomain.

Any other thoughts?

Back