• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question allow different php versions with service plan

TobiasP

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I have the feeling that this is a kind of stupid question:
Is it possible to not "predefine/force" the PHP version and mode allowed with a service plan?
e.g.
Within a subscription with service plan X is it possible to set the main domain to use php7 fpm nginx (which is also set in the settings for the service plan) and one of the subdomains to use php7.1 fpm nginx without the subscription being locked and not synced any more?

Cheers,
Tobias

Changing the PHP settings will not affect the syncing/locking state of the subscription.

However, when a subscription template is changed afterwards, it will not change the PHP settings of the subscriptions. The PHP settings of a subscription template will only apply to new subscriptions.

Changing the PHP settings will not affect the syncing/locking state of the subscription.

However, when a subscription template is changed afterwards, it will not change the PHP settings of the subscriptions. The PHP settings of a subscription template will only apply to new subscriptions.

Hello mr. Peter,

we use plesk now for 10 years and in last few months we switched to Onyx. But our experience is, that when option "PHP version and handler management" is checked, and subscription is synced with service plan template, when user changes PHP, subscription gets status Locked. It should not, but it does (and nobody likes locked subscriptions).

I did not find anything similar on forum, but it seams to me as bug. I can post some pictures (or video) of whole process.

I did not find anything similar on forum, but it seams to me as bug. I can post some pictures (or video) of whole process.

Thank you so much for confirming this... so I'm not crazy after all ;)
I just tried it again - unlocked and synced a subscription was set to PHP 7.1 fpm/nginx already as defined in the plan. Then I changed the PHP Version to 7.0 with fpm/nginx without touching any of the PHP settings.
After that the subscription was locked. but clicking unlock and sync then did not change the php version back to the version defined in the plan.
Manually changing the php version back to 7.1 locked the subscription again...

Is makes no difference if I'm doing this actions as an admin or via "Manage in Customer Panel"

Hello Mr. Tobias,

can you check video bellow and confirm we are on same "page"?

https://www.screencast.com/t/zW6bgcGaNm

1. I have demo2.com created by Testno Service plan
2. When i click on domain, you can see it is PHP 7.0.13
3. On 0:28 are shown Permissions of Testno: PHP version and handler management - checked (this should prevent Locked as stated by Mr. Peter and: https://docs.plesk.com/en-US/onyx/administrator-guide/web-hosting/php-management.70668/ )
4. And you can see that Testno Service plan has 7.0.13
5. Then I go back to demo2.com and change PHP to 5.6.30 and apply
6. After refresh it is 5.6.30
7. in 1:30 i check again that Permissions of Testno: PHP version and handler management is checked
8. But in 1:39 we can see that demo2.com is Locked.

Two possibilities:
- we do not understand how this works (it should be straight forward i hope) and we should set some addtional options?
or
- it is not how it supposed to work (bug)?

We want for our users that they can change just PHP version, not "Common PHP settings management" or any other "Hosting settings management" .

Thank you for answering and sharing tips/ideas

With regards

Back